Kevin

Thinking About Getting A New Car

93 posts in this topic

The bananas on the splitter is hilarious.  I'm thinking about putting caution tape on mine and snapping a picture.

I probably won't get one, but if I were to get a personalized tag, I'd get 392BOAT just to be funny.

66sprint6, JohnC and Tino like this

Seriously, nice car.   And much more better in every way than the old stuff.  (The pain in that sentence...)

Track results....???

Jokingly, ya shoulda bought it 3 days ago on Lee's birthday.  :) 

Disney likes this

12 hours ago, Kevin said:

I love this car, even if my 9 year old son thinks it looks bland.

White TA.jpg

White TA2.jpg

White TA3.jpg

Hottness! :yum:

You deserve it, man. :yes: 

Can't wait to see what it runs down the good ol' 1/4 when you cruise to Beech Bend one day with us! :hyper::3gears: 

BTW, did you get a copy of the window sticker with all the options?

Sometimes you can get it off their website.

If so, post it up here. :up: 

66sprint6 likes this

12 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Seriously, nice car.   And much more better in every way than the old stuff.  (The pain in that sentence...)

Track results....???

Jokingly, ya shoulda bought it 3 days ago on Lee's birthday.  :) 

Well, the cars of today are 50 years newer.  They should be better cars.  They just don't have the feel that a 1965 GTO has.  I'd honestly rather have a 1968 Charger R/T, but I simply can't afford one.  The new Challengers are in my price range and have an old muscle car feel.  That is the closest I'll ever get to an old muscle car.

Edited by Kevin
66sprint6 likes this

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hottness! :yum:

You deserve it, man. :yes: 

Can't wait to see what it runs down the good ol' 1/4 when you cruise to Beech Bend one day with us! :hyper::3gears: 

BTW, did you get a copy of the window sticker with all the options?

Sometimes you can get it off their website.

If so, post it up here. :up: 

WindowStickerPDF.pdf

JohnC likes this

The anticipation is about to kill me.  I am looking forward to getting the car, but I am dreading the trip up there and the trip back.  I really don't like to drive/ride more than a couple hours at a time.  The funny thing is my friend, JD is looking forward to the trip.  I am going to leave my work truck at the office, ride home with my friend, and spend the night at his house.  I am hoping to leave his house around 4:00 AM Saturday (Nov. 2) morning, ride about 2 hours, and stop for breakfast.  I'm hoping to arrive at the dealership in Florence, KY around 8:30 AM, which is 9:30 their time.  It shouldn't take long to do the deed since they are going to Fedex the paperwork to me this week.  Then we'll leave the dealership, drive two hours, and stop for lunch.  It is also bugging me thinking about driving a car, that I am not super familiar with, around 4 hours home.

Here are a few like mine to tide me over until then.

Black TA.jpg

Blue TA.jpg

Gregs Sublime TA.jpg

Purple TA.jpg

White TA 123.jpg

Cool White TA.jpg

GOMANGO TA.jpg

White TA Dodge Truck.jpg

Maroon TA.jpg

Blue TAs.jpg

Yellow TA.jpg

Edited by Kevin

I found this car on the Challenger T/A Owners Facebook page.  If you look closely, you can see a Pentastar emblem on the passenger fender.  Chrysler did that back in the 60s/70s.  Supposedly, it was only placed on the passenger fender because that would be the side you'd see from a sidewalk when the car was parallel parked.  I have one that I forgot I had in my toolbox.  I think I will put it on my car.

TA White Pentastar.jpg

Pentastar Emblem.jpg

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

I can't wait to row the 6 speed and listen to the 392 "Pent-roof", uh Hemi.  ;) I need to holler at you one day so we can check out each other's cars.

Heck yeah.  Ive always loved the Challengers and with the right muffler setup they can sound better than any of the other offerings out there hands down.  This is thanks to still being able to mount the mufflers old school in the middle of the car and have over the rear tail pipes unlike the rest.  Whenever I hear a Challenger that sounds like crap it makes me shake my head.  Nice exhaust note + manual trans always = good times!

Matt

13 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Whatever they are, I'd still like to kick Bob Eaton.  Chrysler was doing great until he sold them down the road to Daimler.  Iacoca admitted he made a mistake with Eaton and should have left Bob lutz in charge instead.

Disney and JohnC like this