Kevin

Thinking About Getting A New Car

82 posts in this topic

It's mid fall, winter is right around the corner.  You might get to drive it, but it's probably going to sit the majority of the next few months.  Just wait it out and pay 100% cash.  Who knows, you may find a better deal when you are a cash buyer.  The reward for being smart with your money will be much more satisfying.

66sprint6 and Kevin like this

I've decided that I am going to wait and just quit looking at them until I'm ready.  I would love to own that particular car.  It would be close to what I want.  There will probably be others.  If I can't find something close to what I want, then I will order a new one.  Maybe they will have the rumored 550 horse 426 Hemi then.

I told Leah that I was going to wait until April 2020 when I started thinking about this.  I would be going back on my word if I were to buy one now and make payments even if it was 4-6 months.

Mike, 66sprint6, JohnC and 2 others like this

$40k would build a FAST GLHS.  And buy a nice pink hat.  Camstang owners wouldn't know what happened....

Dodge_Omni_GLH_91_race_car.jpg

Tino likes this

4 hours ago, Ashley P said:

$40k would build a FAST GLHS.  And buy a nice pink hat.  Camstang owners wouldn't know what happened....

Dodge_Omni_GLH_91_race_car.jpg

$40,000 would  build  three.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

The price on that destroyer grey T/A dropped from $37,600 to $35,900.  With a referral coupon, it would be $35,400.  Anybody got $15,000 they can let me borrow interest free for 6 months?  :lol:

JohnC likes this

I know I said I was going to quit looking until I'm ready to buy...

I just hope there are some leftover 2019 models like these two left over in a few months.  I'm willing to drive a few hours away to get one.

https://www.zimmermotor.com/inventory/new-2019-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj9kh677833

https://www.gwinnettcdjr.com/new-Stone+Mountain-2019-Dodge-Challenger-RT+SCAT+PACK+RWD-2C3CDZFJ8KH704648

JohnC and Disney like this

I don't have that kind of money.  I just think the Hellcat and its variants are just way too much.

I sent that dealership with the white T/A package car a message this morning.  They got back with me and we talked about an out the door price.  I don't think I will ever see one discounted like they have it discounted.  $4850 Chrysler discount plus $2812 dealer discount = $7662.  I doubt I would be able to buy a $46,235 MSRP Challenger for $38,573 ever again.  I will put a sizable chunk of change down on it and I will pay it off in 4-6 months.  Leah is fine with it.  I am going to sleep on it and if I decide yes, then I will give them some money to hold it until I can get up there in two weeks.  A good friend has offered to take me up there if I'll buy his lunch and pay for the fuel.  I tried to get them to deliver it to Nashville, but they just won't do it.

That car, I test drove in Dickson, was listed at $37,600.  I can pay nearly $1000 more for a brand new car with 12,500 fewer miles.

$35,000 plus just seems like a ton of money to me for a new car.  I guess I have a 90s mentality on what stuff should cost.  According to an inflation calculator, the $25,000 sticker on my 1998 Ram SS/T would be $39,389.21.

Edited by Kevin
JohnC, Tino, 66sprint6 and 2 others like this

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

I sent that dealership with the white T/A package car a message this morning.  They got back with me and we talked about an out the door price.  I don't think I will ever see one discounted like they have it discounted.  $4850 Chrysler discount plus $2812 dealer discount = $7662.  I doubt I would be able to buy a $46,235 MSRP Challenger for $38,573 ever again.  I will put a sizable chunk of change down on it and I will pay it off in 4-6 months.  Leah is fine with it.  I am going to sleep on it and if I decide yes, then I will give them some money to hold it until I can get up there in two weeks.  A good friend has offered to take me up there if I'll buy his lunch and pay for the fuel.  I tried to get them to deliver it to Nashville, but they just won't do it.

That car, I test drove in Dickson, was listed at $37,600.  I can pay nearly $1000 more for a brand new car with 12,500 fewer miles.

$35,000 plus just seems like a ton of money to me for a new car.  I guess I have a 90s mentality on what stuff should cost.  According to an inflation calculator, the $25,000 sticker on my 1998 Ram SS/T would be $39,389.21.

Awesome, man! :w00t:   :hyper:  :3gears: 

I won't be able to go get it until Nov. 2 due to commitments.  They will hold the car for a small payment and they are shipping me the paperwork.  I never thought I would by a car sight unseen, but it is brand new with a warranty.

66sprint6, Ashley P and JohnC like this

21 hours ago, Kevin said:

We got a similar deal on the Tundra.

The 2019 clearance deals right now can't be beat right now.

Look in to Costco membership discounts, too.

We got about 10% off MSRP plus $3,000 Toyota Customer Cash back. If I recall correctly, I believe the #'s were about the same as yours MSRP and savings wise.

3 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Impulse buyer!  :)

I feel kinda bad about not sticking to my original plan.  The deal on this car was too hard to pass up.  I folded like a cheap suit.

Disney and Ashley P like this

Man, think this out.  Don't pull the trigger before weighing all your options.

You could have speed s-l500.jpg

history s-l500.jpg

and unparalleled luxury:

s-l500.jpg

all for about $8500!  Stick that in your inflation calculator and let us know what it says.

66sprint6 likes this