Disney

2001 Yukon ABS no comm

29 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Under the core support, I think.  Diagnostic chart just says "front".  Those go bad once in a while...weakest link I think.

Service 4WD, often either the switch (I keep one for test) or encoder motor sensor (sensor available separately).  What codes?

Foun't that little booger. Looks grimey and old. Connection is good. I guess i'll replace with new and see what happens. 

on the 4WD, I have codes for encoder and motor. But I don't have those parts. The body is from a 4WD, but it's now on a 2WD chassis so no Xfer case.

19 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Wanna know how rediculous my problems are?   A week ago I diagnosed a truck...it had no brake fluid left and rotten brake lines.  I just got the lines on, system vacuum bled, and it's still got ABS and RBWL on.  I hook up scanner.........NO COMM!   What truck?  2001 Tahoe.  :doh:

I've got an 02 tahoe and both abs/brake lights are on. Hoped replacing a hub would fix it and have never dug into it but I'd bet it's the same story. 

Disney likes this

2 hours ago, Disney said:

on the 4WD, I have codes for encoder and motor. But I don't have those parts. The body is from a 4WD, but it's now on a 2WD chassis so no Xfer case.

Oh, yeah, that'll do it!  lol

My 2001 simply needed the CIGAR fuse replaced to communicate, but then continued to have ABS light while showing no current codes.

And a 7.3 diesel is out here shutting off/coming back before it dies.  All while crank reference looks good.  And cust has already replaced CKP and ICP sensors.

EMP??