Raceall

New Tow Pig/ Project/ Daily Driver

8 posts in this topic

Say hello to Trucker Smurf. It’s an 04 with a 5.3 and 267k miles, but she’s a pretty nice, solid truck for $1000. I bought it from my employer with hopes of selling my 14, paying some stuff off and having more discretionary funds for the Nova, daughter, and fun stuff.

F085E0DE-C9AC-4566-8F22-CBCBD5F834B0.jpeg

720FF9C4-7F1C-4F68-9D26-CD73AABB33FF.jpeg

Tino and Disney like this

Me and Dave Ramsey approve of the downsize....er, down payment.  ;)

Now, get $2000 in emergency repair money saved up.  You'll need wheel bearings, fuel pump, water pump...  :D

JohnC, Tino and Disney like this

41 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Me and Dave Ramsey approve of the downsize....er, down payment.  ;)

Now, get $2000 in emergency repair money saved up.  You'll need wheel bearings, fuel pump, water pump...  :D

Speaking of which, be thinking about what you would want to a) put new seals in a transfer case or b) if we find that your 07 transfer case will interchange, what you would want for it and to put it in.

Yesterday my wife tried to ban me from side work.  I didn't agree, nor inform her that I had a box truck to work on next!  lol

How about I diagnose the case first?  I need to drive/operate it, and put it on the lift at work. 

I need to do some work.  The taillights were broken a bit, and the new ones came in, today.  I also have new vent shades to replace the old broken ones.  And, I have a new tailgate handle and bezel and radio to install.  I also came across a set of 18" wheels with 285/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers for a steal.  I've been driving it around the farm, over to my mom's, and church and it heads down the road pretty well.