COSWORTH

GT500 6R80 Swap

Rate this topic:

44 posts in this topic

im hoping it lives at this point, getting some slip at 5400 in 3rd lol

 

Better fix the line pressure to hold that power ASAP before it eats itself.

Mine did that a couple times and then it was toast.

Wouldn’t hold any power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ate itself lol

I was able to drive it around, make a few passes, got a picture with air under tire.  However after launch she liked to bang the rev limiter and not shift.  Ill be yanking it out this week for a full build.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It ate itself lol

I was able to drive it around, make a few passes, got a picture with air under tire.  However after launch she liked to bang the rev limiter and not shift.  Ill be yanking it out this week for a full build.

 

Did you just put a stock trans in it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, higherpowerracing said:

Did you just put a stock trans in it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yes.  coyote guys saying they hold at the power level im at

coyote guys arent making the torque though haha

 

I honestly expected it.  Putting a billet planet, billet one way clutch, billet shaft, and upgraded clutches and steels in it.

 

 

66sprint6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, COSWORTH said:

yes.  coyote guys saying they hold at the power level im at

coyote guys arent making the torque though haha

 

I honestly expected it.  Putting a billet planet, billet one way clutch, billet shaft, and upgraded clutches and steels in it.

 

 

Do the billet clutches and billet fluid too. Can't take a chance.

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Disney said:

Do the billet clutches and billet fluid too. Can't take a chance.

ive been making my own billet fluid, but i cant get it to hold still on the mill, the old fluid will hold together on the magnetic table, so may have to use that haha

Disney and 66sprint6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 10:35 AM, COSWORTH said:

It ate itself lol

I was able to drive it around, make a few passes, got a picture with air under tire.  However after launch she liked to bang the rev limiter and not shift.  Ill be yanking it out this week for a full build.

 

Welcome to my world. :meh: 

Leaving DBR, the first time I floored the car I blew the rear main seal and valve cover gasket out....

Then... Trans started slipping...

After that, cylinder imbalance OBD2 codes and wideband showing one bank is fluctuating lean...

But the trans issues are mostly what has been holding me back.

I spent probably $11k or more thus far just in the trans setup....

I've done 3 converters, a 6L90e swap built to hold 1,000 hp that broke and then did another rebuild (I paid for the parts they ate labor) on it plus shipping back and forth twice, external trans cooler, 1 piece aluminum drive shaft, labor costs, tune.....

It still won't consistently shift right and not sure if it's the TCM junk or a bad trans tune.

It's so frustrating that I have literally parked the car to take a break and forget about it so my stress level will come down. :dead: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JohnC said:

Welcome to my world. :meh: 

Leaving DBR, the first time I floored the car I blew the rear main seal and valve cover gasket out....

Then... Trans started slipping...

After that, cylinder imbalance OBD2 codes and wideband showing one bank is fluctuating lean...

But the trans issues are mostly what has been holding me back.

I spent probably $11k or more thus far just in the trans setup....

I've done 3 converters, a 6L90e swap built to hold 1,000 hp that broke and then did another rebuild (I paid for the parts they ate labor) on it plus shipping back and forth twice, external trans cooler, 1 piece aluminum drive shaft, labor costs, tune.....

It still won't consistently shift right and not sure if it's the TCM junk or a bad trans tune.

It's so frustrating that I have literally parked the car to take a break and forget about it so my stress level will come down. :dead: 

Thankfully i dont have a TCM and i do have a good tuner.

I just bought a junkyard trans and expected it to hold, it never held WOT

66sprint6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.