COSWORTH

GT500 6R80 Swap

Rate this topic:

48 posts in this topic

Very cool!

What motivated you to go this route?

The popular thing to do back in the day was auto to manual swaps, but nowadays it’s the opposite!

Never thought I’d be one of those people going M to A either.

But autos are quicker these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people are picking up .5-1.0s in the 1/4. And to quit breaking everything behind the transmission. 

JohnC likes this

Heck yeah man!!!  Im gonna have to pick your brain on mods for this thing.  Did you have issues with the 1-2 lockout?  Im starting to believe the previous owners werent too kind to this thing's already lame syncros and Im the one who will have to foot the bill to get it to shift right again :lol:.

Matt

6 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Heck yeah man!!!  Im gonna have to pick your brain on mods for this thing.  Did you have issues with the 1-2 lockout?  Im starting to believe the previous owners werent too kind to this thing's already lame syncros and Im the one who will have to foot the bill to get it to shift right again :lol:.

Matt

Never had an issue with shifting, the oem clutch died, and i replaced it with a spec which i hate, its very off/on

The car is pretty basic as far as mods go

2011 SVTPP

13 TVS

13 Injectors

2.4 Pulley

JLT Carbon Fiber intake

Ford Racing Dual TB

KB BAP

ARH Long Tubes and Off Road H

Spec CLutch

MGW Shifter

BMR Suspension

Moser M88 Rear

Viking double adj rear shocks

3990Lbs

Tuned by Alex Flores/YOLODouchbag

Disney, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Excellent!  Im looking at doing very similar, love it!

Ive got the MGW shifter, did the Mobile 1 fluid fill and have replaced the brake/clutch fluid a couple times to make sure its clean.  Was thinkin that might have made a difference last night as I got 2 runs in without fail then 3 and 4 both resulted in complete and total 2nd gear lockout.  If the trans has to come out to make this work then Ill be doing the clutch at the same time.  Somethings gotta give...I cant have a fun car that I cant hit 2nd in :lol:

Matt

15 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Excellent!  Im looking at doing very similar, love it!

Ive got the MGW shifter, did the Mobile 1 fluid fill and have replaced the brake/clutch fluid a couple times to make sure its clean.  Was thinkin that might have made a difference last night as I got 2 runs in without fail then 3 and 4 both resulted in complete and total 2nd gear lockout.  If the trans has to come out to make this work then Ill be doing the clutch at the same time.  Somethings gotta give...I cant have a fun car that I cant hit 2nd in :lol:

Matt

Make sure you are depressing the clutch enough to get full disengagement, Ive never lifted on the accelerator pedal when racing and not had an issue yet other than breaking rear ends, axles, diffs, etc. 

Some people claim the WOT box helps tremendously, luckily mine never has had an issue.

Yeah, seat moved forward till my tall ass can barely get in and out, clutch to the floor the entire time Im waiting for it to let me in.  On the street headed home right after no problems what-so-ever.  First couple passes last night were spot on as well.  Ive been looking at the N2MB box as well as some other things.  Im still on the factory clutch and am right at 30k miles with an unknown history of abuse before me so theres no telling.  Im going to fiddle with it and try a few things before I do anything drastic.

Matt

1 hour ago, higherpowerracing said:

Have you made any progress?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Waiting on the ecm and abs module to get back from PBH.  I bought a fore return system and lund tuned it. 

Id1300x injectors and e85 also

i need to get a trans cooler and driveshaft and i should be ready to swap it 

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Woohoo!  I still say you should sell me the 6060.  Or sell it to me with a partial trade for mine so you have one for if you ever want to return to stock????  

The Fastback looks super nice in the background too by the way.

Matt

COSWORTH and JohnC like this

6 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Interesting how one disc has a sprung hub, the other not.  Hmmmm

its somewhere between a race car and a street car haha

It did not slip at all.  very much on or off

JohnC and Ashley P like this