JohnC

What are your ET goals this year?

47 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, Cody said:

Crazy to have a mid 7 second car pretty much from the factory. That's nuts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Heck, I've seen the Tesla's running 10's.

That's crazy! 

Well I hit all of last years goals, go faster stock than the GT, get the 1-2 shift consistently and went quicker than I ever expected on a pulley and tune.  2020 screwed us out of any good air passes but Im gonna go out tonight and see if I cant knock the dust off the driver mod and get used to the new clutch.  My new goal is to see a 6.9x as it sits.  Ide be lucky and happy as hell to see 7.0x's in FANTASTIC air but a boy can dream.  Hopefully some low DA nights are still out there before Summer or else itll be Fall before I get there.

Matt

Cody and Ashley P like this

If I ever get my car back from Safelite, I might be able to get a run in this year.

Clowns tore up my power window replacing the heat-cracked Door Glass. :shake: 

Tino likes this

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If I ever get my car back from Safelite, I might be able to get a run in this year.

Clowns tore up my power window replacing the heat-cracked Door Glass. :shake: 

if they've had it this long, you can probably watch it make a few runs until you get it back.

66sprint6 likes this

2 hours ago, Tino said:

Still not back @JohnC ? What's taking them so long

Do I need to get some homies and pull up with the AKs? :D:D:D

you mean highpoints? :lol: :D 

Tino and Ashley P like this

On 8/4/2020 at 8:23 AM, mstrpth said:

if they've had it this long, you can probably watch it make a few runs until you get it back.

I took a picture of the mileage before I left. ;) 

Tino likes this

On 8/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, Tino said:

Still not back @JohnC ? What's taking them so long

Do I need to get some homies and pull up with the AKs? :D:D:D

Techs f'd up my power window getting the glass in.

After waiting like 2 weeks because they claim my power window was out, ordered a new part and installed it and it did not work (I knew that was going to happen - read below), I called the manager (recorded the call, too) and told him his techs called me and said they couldn't get the window to go down, so they took turns trying to force it down by hand.

I told them that power window was fine when I brought it to them and it was only in for the heat cracked glass.

The tech / shop manager basically told me, pay over $700 total for them to order and install a new power window actuator and install the glass, or order the part myself, get it fixed and bring it back for the glass install. 

I told him I knew right then after the techs said they tried to force the window down, taking turns, that power window would be f'd. I told him he knew as well as I do, that you can't force a power window down without tearing up the stuff in the door that it's on tracks, gears, is in timing, etc. So I waited for them to install the new actuator, and sure enough, it was still f'd.

I told him I wasn't going to take it someplace else to be fixed because then I'd have two shops pointing fingers at each other on who tore it up! 

So he assured me he'd get his engineer to look at it and get it fixed.

That was a week ago. :shake: 

Well with the Shelby long gone my new ET goals are to break into the 7's by the time booooost weather comes around in the new Pig.  She's knocking on 8's doors bone stock so I have a ways to go but I hear it doesnt take much to wake these things up (hence the reason I got it).

Matt

19 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Well with the Shelby long gone my new ET goals are to break into the 7's by the time booooost weather comes around in the new Pig.  She's knocking on 8's doors bone stock so I have a ways to go but I hear it doesnt take much to wake these things up (hence the reason I got it).

Matt

I've been looking at mods, but really don't want to void my warranty.

So I might just leave this one alone. 

Being TT and able to make good power tune only, it i temping though! :yes: 

Check this out: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/here-is-how-to-make-540-wheel-horsepower-with-a-ford-f-150-2-7l-ecoboost-v6-stage-3-tuning/

On 9/9/2020 at 5:58 AM, JohnC said:

I've been looking at mods, but really don't want to void my warranty.

So I might just leave this one alone. 

Being TT and able to make good power tune only, it i temping though! :yes: 

Check this out: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/here-is-how-to-make-540-wheel-horsepower-with-a-ford-f-150-2-7l-ecoboost-v6-stage-3-tuning/

From what Ive read and experienced in test drives the 2.7 is WAY more aggressively tuned from the factory and quite a bit more fun to drive in many cases than the stock 3.5 which makes it PERFECT for those who dont want to get into tuning until the warranty is over.  I also think the shift tuning is way better as well.  For day to day driving I would have bought the 2.7 hands down (also have better incentives/rebates) but knowing the gains that the 3.5 has in the long run made it a no brainer for what I want out of the truck!  Its amazing how you can buy the smaller brother motor and not have to live with the fact that you bought the weezy underpowered version.  Sucker hauls ass, asses, payload and plenty of trailer weight to boot!

Matt