JohnC

What are your ET goals this year?

19 posts in this topic

So what are your ET goals this year for the 1/8 and 1/4?

Last year, my best 1/8 was 7.6 at 93 mph and 1/4 ET was 11.7 at 118 mph

If we go by my last dyno n/a then it was with 442 rwhp.

45f218c12307a3ed2aea2fba8e5f82c1.jpg

I'm going to shoot for mid 10's this season with DR's.

If I do better than that, it'll be a bonus.

Current dyno's are 723 rwhp pump and 760 rwhp E85. Weight with full tank is probably closer to 4200lbs with the blower and external trans cooler / larger trans I've added.

3148498e234a016131c254a162718d0e.jpg

657635e32f60263836e536e20f7af4a5.jpg

66sprint6 likes this

You should kill mid 10's without even trying!!!

Im gonna shoot for dialing in the driver mod on the GT500 and initially see what it takes to break into the 7's and then see if the Shelby, bone stock power wise,  has enough to break the 7.52 PB I had in the GT with full boltons, exhaust, 18 manifold and E85 tune.  Honestly, if the track is there, the air is cool enough and my driving can catch up quick Id say it should run that or damned close as it sits on the Mickeys.

After that...I will do like always and throw some parts and a tune at it and watch it get quicker and quicker.  Would like to see 6's maybe this year but that might be a little too ambitious.  Depends on how much $$$ I decide to throw at it.

Matt

JohnC likes this

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

You should kill mid 10's without even trying!!!

Im gonna shoot for dialing in the driver mod on the GT500 and initially see what it takes to break into the 7's and then see if the Shelby, bone stock power wise,  has enough to break the 7.52 PB I had in the GT with full boltons, exhaust, 18 manifold and E85 tune.  Honestly, if the track is there, the air is cool enough and my driving can catch up quick Id say it should run that or damned close as it sits on the Mickeys.

After that...I will do like always and throw some parts and a tune at it and watch it get quicker and quicker.  Would like to see 6's maybe this year but that might be a little too ambitious.  Depends on how much $$$ I decide to throw at it.

Matt

Get a baseline run and then do the pulley, E85 and tune with DR's. :evild:

66sprint6 likes this

Yeah ill be doing baselines on the Bias Plys for a little while and then Ill likely do a JLT, tune, throttle body and MIGHT skip the pulley route and go straight for a take off 13-14 blower.  Full bolt-on/pulley/tune 2010-12's are in the upper 500whp-600whp range at best with the factory Eaton blower being the holdup.  Swap to a 13-14 TVS blower and injectors and your looking at 100+whp gain and the throttle body, intake etc will work nicely with it.  If I can swap pulleys for dirt cheap then I would likely do it just to see what it picks up at the track but if not Ill skip it.

Matt

JohnC likes this

On 4/15/2019 at 0:27 PM, JohnC said:

How much is left to do on the V?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everything. I should probably just unload it. Wife and I are just starting the beginning stages of fertility treatments and it's going to be :baller: 

JohnC likes this

5 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Hate to say it, especially on an Automotive forum but if you NEED to do so, you can always buy another.  This step in yalls life is more important and deserves your attention.  Best of luck!!!!!

Matt

Agreed and thanks. I expected that kind of response from this place given most already have a kid(s). 

We are both 36 so everything else can wait as far as I'm concerned. The car isn't off the table by any means but we have no idea how far we will have go down the rabbit hole yet. We have been told if we want more than one that we will have to consider freezing eggs. 

We're going to Paris/Nice/Monaco at the end of May and already kind of regretting booking the trip but we had no idea at the time. Trying not to turn this into a fertility thread :lol: 

Raceall, 66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

13 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Point.

Slim, do you want a tablespoon of my well water? :) 

Well, technically our goal is two so maybe a cup or so? Sounds a lot cheaper than the alternatives. :lol:

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

On 4/22/2019 at 3:35 PM, slim_9916 said:

Agreed and thanks. I expected that kind of response from this place given most already have a kid(s). 

We are both 36 so everything else can wait as far as I'm concerned. The car isn't off the table by any means but we have no idea how far we will have go down the rabbit hole yet. We have been told if we want more than one that we will have to consider freezing eggs. 

We're going to Paris/Nice/Monaco at the end of May and already kind of regretting booking the trip but we had no idea at the time. Trying not to turn this into a fertility thread :lol: 

I'm almost 18 months in to having a daughter and her being far higher priority than the car.  I'll still put some time and money into the Nova , every now and then, but Magnolia Grace is WAY more fun.  If I have a choice between having her in my lap reading a book or watching Doc McStuffins, or turning wrenches, you can put money that we'll be flipping pages or diagnosing the ailments of stuffed toys.

My ET goal for this year: To drive the car down my 1/8th mile driveway and back up it without the car getting hot. LOL

slim_9916, Ashley P, JohnC and 3 others like this

I technically met my initial goal to go faster than the GT (barely lol) so my new goal is to be able to shift consistently.  I dont care if its 1) bandaide fix 2) drivermod 3) fix the known TR6060 issues or a combo of each, this season I will accomplish the new goal one way or another.  Gonna try the easy stuff and see if I can figure out how to trick it into letting me have my way more often than locking me out then go from there.  IF I can do so, Ill throw money at going faster.  If not...Ill throw money at clutch and trans and move on.

Matt