Nostalgic1

Matt...anything you want to share?

13 posts in this topic

Ha!!!!  I had to go straight to work, then dinner and literally just now have a free moment what a hectic day!  Had the opportunity to add a dream car to the driveway!

IMG_20190112_185004843.jpg

I'll update my DD thread but let's just say the LTD is going up for sale shortly.

Matt

mstrpth, Tino, Ashley P and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Nice ride! 

Stick?

Let's race! :3gears: 

Silly question.  They’ve never offered the modern GT500 with an automatic.  That could change with the S550 platform though.  I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

JohnC, 66sprint6 and Tino like this

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Nice ride! 

Stick?

Let's race! :3gears: 

Only comes in a MANual.  Like Brodie said, that will likely change with the 2020.  Ill run you any Tues night you wanna show up!  Ill never (not anytime soon at least) be in the same league power wise as you, this is a Dream Car buy, not an all out hotrod really.  I looked at a procharged Coyote car for much less than this thing but it didnt have the same draw to me for some reason.  Im betting as it sits itll be within a few tenths of my GT plus or minus...Im betting minus.  Some seat time and some small bolt-ons and Ill slowly get it quicker and quicker, same as I did with the GT except that I have the Mickey's from the very beginning :D  Gonna have fun with this car I can already tell.

Matt

Disney likes this

Getting a 2010-2012 GT500 into the 650-675rwhp range on 93 octane pump gas is not very hard:

Eaton GenII TVS blower

65mm throttle-body

2.8 upper pulley

JLT CAI

56# fuel injectors 

tune

This would be with the stock heat exchanger, fuel pumps, exhaust, etc.

Edited by Nostalgic1
66sprint6, Disney and JohnC like this

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

Only comes in a MANual.  Like Brodie said, that will likely change with the 2020.  Ill run you any Tues night you wanna show up!  Ill never (not anytime soon at least) be in the same league power wise as you, this is a Dream Car buy, not an all out hotrod really.  I looked at a procharged Coyote car for much less than this thing but it didnt have the same draw to me for some reason.  Im betting as it sits itll be within a few tenths of my GT plus or minus...Im betting minus.  Some seat time and some small bolt-ons and Ill slowly get it quicker and quicker, same as I did with the GT except that I have the Mickey's from the very beginning :D  Gonna have fun with this car I can already tell.

Matt

As technology moves forward, the manUAL will go the way of the dinosaur. :yes:

Two reasons I used to be all for a manual:

(1) They were faster than auto's stock vs stock.

and

(2) Manuals were more fun because of #1 and the fact they instantly laid down more power (no power robbing hesitating slush box feel).

Technology has improved so much now the auto's have taken the crown for faster and as a result, more fun.

And if you want to shift, just put it in manual mode and use the paddle shift. :yes:

A new GT500 with IRS and the Ford A10 will be SICK for sure!

To each his or her own!

MT got 11.6 bone stock. Not bad. Should be a 10sec easy with some bolt ons.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/shelby-gt500/2013/2013-ford-shelby-gt500-first-test/

Run your bone stock on stock street tires they come wit at BB when they open to get a real world non-magazine ET baseline. :up:

Disney likes this

You might want to edit your post to say "stock manuals".  You've already modded your trans with a different converter, so it's not so stock anymore either.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

As technology moves forward, the manUAL will go the way of the dinosaur. :yes:

Two reasons I used to be all for a manual:

(1) They were faster than auto's stock vs stock.

and

(2) Manuals were more fun because of #1 and the fact they instantly laid down more power (no power robbing hesitating slush box feel).

Technology has improved so much now the auto's have taken the crown for faster and as a result, more fun.

And if you want to shift, just put it in manual mode and use the paddle shift. :yes:

A new GT500 with IRS and the Ford A10 will be SICK for sure!

To each his or her own!

MT got 11.6 bone stock. Not bad. Should be a 10sec easy with some bolt ons.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/shelby-gt500/2013/2013-ford-shelby-gt500-first-test/

Run your bone stock on stock street tires they come wit at BB when they open to get a real world non-magazine ET baseline. :up:

New GT500 is getting a 7-speed DCT built by Tremec,  not the Ford A10.

And the test you posted was for the ‘13-14 GT500 that made 660hp at the crank.  ‘10-12 *only* made 540.  

JohnC likes this

We've gone round and round on the auto vs manual deal it's all personal.  Right now ide rather be slower than drive an auto for my fun car.  Thats not to say that new autos aren't amazing!  The 10 speed is really good stuff and if I was to get an 18-19 GT ide have to think hard about getting the 10 speed simply because the damned manuals have weak parts.  

I would love to have the Trinity 5.8 TVS setup the 13-14's have but like Brodie said, same money I spent on the GT's bolt-ons and tune will get me to the upper 600 wheel Mark and that should make for a really really fun daily ride.  Then a bigger blower and some minor fuel mods and I can be up where your SS is playing at the moment and do so without stressing.  Gonna start stock and enjoy it for what it is and move from there!

Matt

JohnC likes this