BlackMamba

2002 Mustang Issues

39 posts in this topic

This reminds me of my "Shiny Car". I bought it sight unseen from a guy who couldn't get it running. The guy he got it from also couldn't get it running. He had taken it in for an oil change, and it never ran after that. Guy I got it from replaced a slew of parts. Nothing ever worked. I went up to Maryland and drug it home. I spent an hour or so with a test light chasing power and finally found a connector that was pulled apart just a little bit. Pushed it back together and everything lit up and she started and ran for the first time in years. 

Moral of the story: I suspect you have something similar going on related to the engine replacement. Just go through it all and you'll find something stupid and never tell us what it was. :)

66sprint6, mstrpth and Ashley P like this

Disney,

same events more that once happened , that pesky separate Black ECM wire under the battery that always comes loose when the unknowing change batteries on these cars.

I had one guy get so mad the car had set for 6 months, the guy threw a hammer thru the drivers window when the car started after I showed him the wire that he had missed.

Disney likes this

I have gone back over everything i can . But I am sure it is something I missed and it is really getting to me!! I pulled the fender well out and found the connector that has white/red, check with the key turned to start and it has power. From the other side of the connector it seems the wire changes color on pin #6 to red with blue?

I see a white/red that goes to what seems to the be cruise control system. Man I though it was just going to be a simple connection that I could check wire color to wire color but nope.

I guess the wire has to go to some other location. I just have to try and figure out when it goes in the harness. It ends obviously at the start relay. Im gonna get my son to key the switch to start and see if I can keep testing where I am getting power and where I am not.. If anyone has a circuit of where else this stupid wire passes through that would be amazing!

I am just at the point of frustration and this thing is really getting to me. I pulled the wire loom off most of the wiring for the main harness coming through the fire wall and the 1 connector to cruise control, and the other 2 connectors in the wheel well. I guess I will just need to continue to cut the loom back and try and see where this red/blue wire goes and where it changes to white/red. I dont know where else there is another connection point where it changes from red/blue to the white/red to check where it is dropping power.

FML!

Edited by BlackMamba

Nope, I havent been able to work on the car very much, Its just cold as hell. I took the wire loom off around where the wire come out of the fender well and coming back off the fuse box hoping they came together there in the wire loom. They both head towards the front of the car.

I am getting to the point where I dont even want to go into the garage anymore. I got some starter fluid and gave the motor a shot and it fire right up and was running till it ran out of "fuel"

So I am pretty confident if I were to get it to crank correctly and get the fuel pump running it would take off. But I really dont feel like pulling the radiator back out and and start pulling wire loom off for days tracing the where this wire goes.

Is there a quick place to check and see if the fuel pump is getting power without dropping the tank down and checking it at the pump connection? COuld this be a CCRM problem possibly?

Thanks

Outta curiosity, are there any codes stored in ECM, or BCM?

Also something else I just thought of, you said the engine was swapped.....in doing so Im guessing transmission was pulled?.

Put the car in reverse then hit the key, if it cranks transmission connector is backwards

Edited by KNIGHT347

I have a small engine scanner that is not the greatest but it does not show any codes listed when I run a scan on it.

The trans was pulled as I needed to swap the flywheel and clutch out to the new motor. I will try your suggestion and let you know if it works. I will try damn near anything at this point in time.

No sorry, I have not been able to get out to the garage much at all. I have to start putting all the wire loom and stuff back together on the driver side and wheel well back in. I traced the wire to a connector underneath the intake as I followed it from inside the wheel well to over to under the intake. From there it seems to go into the passenger wheel well.

So not sure if it goes to the ecu or not?

If you are still tracing the same wire, and if you're still tracing the same direction, it's still going to the relay which you first checked.  At least that's according to Ford diagrams....