JohnC

Camaro SS Dragstrip Logs

Rate this topic:

109 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, gammey4 said:

First log had zero kr. Let me look at the second one.

The knock seems to be temperature sensitive, ehh?

Maybe the warmer the AIT the more knock? 

Here shortly I'll upload the last log. 

2 logs from the tune above

Got a buck, hesitation when going WOT and it pulls like a ton of timing

Log_9_11_25_18.hpl

Log_10_11_26_18.hpl

I’ll look at it when I get out of class. I’ve been adding fuel to get your commanded to actually match your wideband. It should be pretty close and running rich. I wanted to get those inline before lowering your pe to a realistic level. You were running stupid lean beforehand, and commanding a .7 lambda lol.

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, gammey4 said:

I’ll look at it when I get out of class. I’ve been adding fuel to get your commanded to actually match your wideband. It should be pretty close and running rich. I wanted to get those inline before lowering your pe to a realistic level. You were running stupid lean beforehand, and commanding a .7 lambda lol.

I just loaded your latest tune so I'll have a log from that one posted in the morning. :up:

Also, once we get that worked out and everything is right, I need to figure out how to setup the flex fuel timing.

There is a low octane, high octane and then a flex fuel timing map I believe.

When I fooled with my timing, I did all my timing adjustments in the high octane gasoline table because I wasn't sure how to do the flex timing tables.

I just loaded your latest tune so I'll have a log from that one posted in the morning. :up:

Also, once we get that worked out and everything is right, I need to figure out how to setup the flex fuel timing.

There is a low octane, high octane and then a flex fuel timing map I believe.

When I fooled with my timing, I did all my timing adjustments in the high octane gasoline table because I wasn't sure how to do the flex timing tables.

I put a new flex fuel timing map in rev 3 tune.

You are talking about log 9 when you went wot from a stop and Pulled 10 degrees of timing and closed the throttle?

It was toward the end of the log. Did a WOT and felt it cut out. Looked at the log and it pulled -10 degrees timing. I didn’t close the throttle until the end of the WOT run. If it shut right on take off, I didn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logs

Drive in traffic

Log_11_11_26_18.hpl

Drive with some WOT. Wideband didn't load for some reason. :smirk: 

Speed limiter kicked in at 155 mph. I had it disabled, but somehow it's back on.

I can say this, it was pulling like a freight train on that 155mph sprint.

Watched the fuel pump duty cycle. Seems it hits 100% DC early in a WOT run and then drops back to the mid 90% range.

That normal? I'd have expected the opposite really.

Log_12_11_27_18.hpl

Logs

Drive in traffic

Log_11_11_26_18.hpl

Drive with some WOT. Wideband didn't load for some reason. :smirk: 

Speed limiter kicked in at 155 mph. I had it disabled, but somehow it's back on.

I can say this, it was pulling like a freight train on that 155mph sprint.

Watched the fuel pump duty cycle. Seems it hits 100% DC early in a WOT run and then drops back to the mid 90% range.

That normal? I'd have expected the opposite really.

Log_12_11_27_18.hpl

Not a “speed limiter”, just no wot shifts allowed on 4-5, 5-6. Fuel pump dc is peak torque vs hp, it’s normal to an extent. I need wideband data to finish the fuel curve, although on the other log it looks really really close. Still need to add a little fuel up top. Timing is about as good as can be, might make a couple small tweaks to it. Any noticeable difference In The idle/starting ? Modeling the vve and torque tables still need to be done but I’m not doing that over the internet. Any other areas of concern?

And seriously SLOW DOWN.

JohnC likes this

Cold starts seems way better. 

Trans is only other concern for now other than what we’re working on.

After I reset trans adapts, it slams 2nd hard and 3rd a little bit when cold. Smooths out some once it warms up to operating temp, but harsh when cold.

I think 5th to 6th needs flare reduction, especially at part throttle aggressive acceleration.

Also my downshift at 60 or 70 goes down 1 gear and then kicks down another sometimes. Makes those street races a loss when they hear you take off but you’re one gear too high and then it kicks down another.

5 hours ago, StreetnTrack said:

Cold starts seems way better. 

Trans is only other concern for now other than what we’re working on.

After I reset trans adapts, it slams 2nd hard and 3rd a little bit when cold. Smooths out some once it warms up to operating temp, but harsh when cold.

I think 5th to 6th needs flare reduction, especially at part throttle aggressive acceleration.

Also my downshift at 60 or 70 goes down 1 gear and then kicks down another sometimes. Makes those street races a loss when they hear you take off but you’re one gear too high and then it kicks down another.

I’ll get you a new tune Saturday.

JohnC likes this

I got another log coming...

Question.

Do you want me to reset LTFT before every log?

I got another log coming...

Question.

Do you want me to reset LTFT before every log?

They are turned off in the tune

JohnC likes this

Don’t know if it captured it all in those logs above, but shift from 1st to 2nd went from slamming to a slow shift with slip/flare.

CEL came on and trans stuck in 2nd.

Pulled over and tried to reset, but that MATCO OBD2 scanner wouldn't connect good at the port and caused all my TC, stability control, ABS lights kick on, but then trans started shifting after that.

Going to reset it with HP Tuners and see what goes. :wall: