Disney

Q50 HSA

30 posts in this topic

Got some hot street action in my 2018 Q50 this week. Caught a 5th Gen Camaro SS with some big wing, and bunch of stickers on it. I dunno. Some prayer about keeping traction and not wrecking.. Either way, he saw Q50 tails. 

Caught a 370Z from work. That was unfair. Q50 dominated.

Got a 2011-2014 (I think) Mustang 5.0 and we never could get a good hit together. I really want to try one with a clean hit. Should be close.

I'm daily on the prowl for unsuspecting victims. Y'all look out for the White Q ball!

Tino and 66sprint6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Disney said:

Got some hot street action in my 2018 Q50 this week. Caught a 5th Gen Camaro SS with some big wing, and bunch of stickers on it. I dunno. Some prayer about keeping traction and not wrecking.. Either way, he saw Q50 tails. 

Caught a 370Z from work. That was unfair. Q50 dominated.

Got a 2011-2014 (I think) Mustang 5.0 and we never could get a good hit together. I really want to try one with a clean hit. Should be close.

I'm daily on the prowl for unsuspecting victims. Y'all look out for the White Q ball!

What color was the Camaro? And was the wing a clear one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I woulda enjoyed stretching the Coyote's legs on that car, the one night we coulda done it tho I was more worried about getting the 66 smoothed out.  I thought about hitting you up after I put it completely back to stock but I actually only drove it to get gas and to drop it off, didnt want to talk myself out of selling it.

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, JohnC said:

Ahh, so 400 hp TT V6.

I can see that beating some stock 5th Gen's.

12.9's stock for the 2017?

300hp TT 3.0 V6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 8:50 PM, Tino said:

What color was the Camaro? And was the wing a clear one?

Thinking it was black or dark grey color. Don't recall clear wing or not. Just remember the big writing on the passsenger side window about not totalling his ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today at lunch tried another Coyote car. He was running 90+ but not interested in a high pull. But, it did get the attention from a 370Z. Unfortunatly for him.. .Well, it was unfortunate for him. That drew the ire of a G37 Coupe with some fart cannons. Bad bad bad choice for G37boi. I let him have a running start coming by me and he never managed to pull even. Q50 = King of these streets.

66sprint6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 4:24 PM, Disney said:

Thinking it was black or dark grey color. Don't recall clear wing or not. Just remember the big writing on the passsenger side window about not totalling his ride.

I know of one and it's that color. He also has some writing on the window. He was trapping 130 at beach bend.

Could you tell if it was A white guy or black guy driving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be the same person. His car was moving down the track. He was telling us it was bone stock but I don't think a bone stock Camaro would trap 130. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just before I left for Japan I caught a Yamaha 600 on I-24. I let him know my intentions and slowed back down, he shot past me and slowed down. He kept slowing down til about 50mph or so and started counting it off. We hit and stayed close for a couple seconds, then turbys turned on. Walked away, put several cars between. He waved, we friends now.

 

Then...  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got a good race with a Coyote car! Saturday night after landing on return from Japan. I-24 see 5.0 getting on interstate just ahead of me. He mashes it to merge, I mashes it too to let him know I want some. He's got some loud exhaust on it, not sure what. I slow down, he comes along side and we slow down to 70mph or so. He just mashes it so we're off. It's about 50* outside and my junk was making some freakin power. We hit in a not great spot for me but it didn't matter. I pulled on him quick after the hit then grabbed another gear and let the turbys eat. Put probably 4-5 cars on him pretty quick. My car LOOOVES the cold weather.  I am satisfied with it. I wanted the Coyote hit because I thought I could take one, glad to have been able to prove it.

Tino, JohnC and Ashley P like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  Wish I had something that could enjoy boost weather.  Right now the truck is getting a workout and a half.  It is enjoying "pull lots of crap and not overheat" weather tho I guess!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

Nice!  Wish I had something that could enjoy boost weather.

Matt

WHOA, there, fella!  Aren't you the one that THREW AWAY a turbo engine for a NA one?????????  Hmmm.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

WHOA, there, fella!  Aren't you the one that THREW AWAY a turbo engine for a NA one?????????  Hmmm.....

He did, but he could never enjoy boost weather with it soooooo........

JohnC and Ashley P like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Disney said:

Just before I left for Japan I caught a Yamaha 600 on I-24. I let him know my intentions and slowed back down, he shot past me and slowed down. He kept slowing down til about 50mph or so and started counting it off. We hit and stayed close for a couple seconds, then turbys turned on. Walked away, put several cars between. He waved, we friends now.

 

Then...  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got a good race with a Coyote car! Saturday night after landing on return from Japan. I-24 see 5.0 getting on interstate just ahead of me. He mashes it to merge, I mashes it too to let him know I want some. He's got some loud exhaust on it, not sure what. I slow down, he comes along side and we slow down to 70mph or so. He just mashes it so we're off. It's about 50* outside and my junk was making some freakin power. We hit in a not great spot for me but it didn't matter. I pulled on him quick after the hit then grabbed another gear and let the turbys eat. Put probably 4-5 cars on him pretty quick. My car LOOOVES the cold weather.  I am satisfied with it. I wanted the Coyote hit because I thought I could take one, glad to have been able to prove it.

After seeing these kill stories you have definitely got me interested in the Q50. Need more details. Stock?

We will be looking for something for the wife eventually to replace her 2012 G37S and the Q50 sounds like fun.  

Edited by slim_9916
JohnC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashley P said:

WHOA, there, fella!  Aren't you the one that THREW AWAY a turbo engine for a NA one?????????  Hmmm.....

Ha threw away?  Sold and funded is more like it.  I love me some turbo action but rock solid efi small block action was better in this particular circumstance is all!

Matt

Ashley P likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, slim_9916 said:

After seeing these kill stories you have definitely got me interested in the Q50. Need more details. Stock?

We will be looking for something for the wife eventually to replace her 2012 G37S and the Q50 sounds like fun.  

99% stock. Just upped the boost a bit. I absolutely love the car. It does so many things so well. Stomps ass on the street, then when I want to road trip gets me 31mpg. I have a few complaints, but they are outweighed by the rwhp.

slim_9916 and 66sprint6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Disney said:

99% stock. Just upped the boost a bit. I absolutely love the car. It does so many things so well. Stomps ass on the street, then when I want to road trip gets me 31mpg. I have a few complaints, but they are outweighed by the rwhp.

So how would it fair against my SS from a dig and roll?

Biggest issue with mine is traction. Running all season tire with traction control really kills it from a dig.

But to use sticky tires, I'd want an iron ZL1 or 1LE diff and better axles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specs i found....

Quote

Specifications

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

PRICE AS TESTED: $57,475 (base price: $48,855)

ENGINE TYPE: twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection

Displacement: 183 cu in, 2997 cc
Power: 400 hp @ 6400 rpm
Torque: 350 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 7-speed automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 112.2 in
Length: 189.1 in
Width: 71.8 in Height: 56.8 in
Passenger volume: 100 cu ft
Trunk volume: 14 cu ft
Curb weight: 3895 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.5 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 22.6 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.2 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec @ 112 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 153 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 165 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.88 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA combined/city/hwy: 22/20/26 mpg
C/D observed: 22 mpg

https://www.caranddriver.com/infiniti/q50-red-sport-400

How much boost you add?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.