Ashley P

Airplane stuff

36 posts in this topic

Man, do it! 

I've got a buddy who (along with his brothers) owns a small single engine plane.  He's been aiming to take me up for about 3 years. lol

^ That would disclose too much sensitive information, like which hemisphere I live in.  :yes: 

Since it's Korean era, I'm wondering if it's the plane formerly flown for relaxation by Mr Usher, of Usher transport, Paducah Ky.   15-20 years ago my buddy worked getting planes fueled and guided in/out on the tarmac.  He said Mr Usher was old and didn't get around very good and had a hard time getting into the plane, but once in the air, you couldn't tell he was old.

I gotta do some research.  Heard the plane was going to Kommifornia....

Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

Airport facebook says it's sold and relocated to California.  I miss it and the MIG that a Paducah surgeon used to fly.  Sunday afternoons about 3 miles west of the airport were entertaining.

Trump scheduled to be at Cape Girardeau MO next Thursday.   Since I'm about 40 miles away, I hope to be able to hear the fighter jets circling.  :) 

Oh, I'm not going.  I'm not gonna sit with kids, in 90 degree heat, during NAP TIME.   What kinda tard do you think I am? 

(Don't answer that.)

A direct flight from Pensacola to Owensboro would put them over Nashville.  It's neat (IMO) to hear them go over at cruising altitude.  They brought me outta the house probably 13 years ago one Saturday.   They were high and LOUD.

Edited by Ashley P