Jamtoy

Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating

15 posts in this topic

I am having the paint corrected on the 11' GS. I have already had the front bumper cap license plate removed and repainted. Now to have the rest of the car done. Paint obviously had years of neglect and lots of swirl marks and micro scratches. I met the owner of Typhoon Detailing last year at a show I had my 62' at. He was telling me about the ceramic coatings and I thought that may be the way to go. So getting full detail, paint correction and the ceramic coating done. I hope the coating does as promised and deflects bugs, dirt  and makes cleanup much easier.Not to mention it supposed to bring out the shine more. So far so good.

vette1.jpg

vette2.jpg

vette3.jpg

JohnC, 66sprint6, mstrpth and 1 other like this

I just recently did a paint correction and ceramic coating on my GT about a month ago and clean up does seem easier. I've not had to use my wash mitt yet, just a simple rise and it comes clean, I did my glass also with the same results. 617440607c7d67a85c2aa49d8aab104c.jpgd3da94572c9130d7f17204683732c770.jpg48d10865a5ce49e78990ca8bdb056917.jpgbed936970219aaac6352e2586b9d72e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mstrpth, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

My drive to work is a bug gut gauntlet so I am hoping this stuff works!

What are you using to dry the car? I use my leaf blower and then a micro fiber cloth. Just want to make sure I do not scratch the paint.

66sprint6 likes this

My drive to work is a bug gut gauntlet so I am hoping this stuff works!

What are you using to dry the car? I use my leaf blower and then a micro fiber cloth. Just want to make sure I do not scratch the paint.

I do the same, I use a leaf blower and then a microfiber. I don't daily drive mine anymore but I drove it to a cruise in one night a few weeks ago and had a few bugs but they washed off with almost zero effort.

66sprint6 likes this

I used the Carpro Cquarts, it's good for 1-2 years. Some of the other higher end ceramic coatings can be layered to last up to 10 years. I think I have about 8 hours total in mine for the full job. 338cb8c0b6f9e82c14da270b1702541b.jpg

mstrpth and JohnC like this

I had a choice of 1,2 or 5 yr protection. I went with the 1 because wanted to see how it did and the mark up on a 2 yr guarantee was $250. My guess is it last more than a year especially not driving it daily. Car will be finished tonight. I'll take some more pic this weekend. First car show is Sunday.

Rims:

vette rim.png

Chris and 66sprint6 like this

Man that does look good! Makes me want a vett lol

JohnC likes this

I'm not a convertible person,  I'm not a Corvette fan, and I don't like red/maroon,  but that's a nice lookin' car.