JohnC

Dyno Day

Rate this topic:

114 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

@JohnC Can you check and see if the 12th works for Taylordtuning?  That way I can make for sure I can lock that morning down schedule wise and make it happen!

Matt

How many cars can show on the 12th?

I count 3 definitely and 2 maybe.

With you and I, we have 3 cars.

If @Nostalgic1 can bring the Coyote Fox, that makes 4.

@gammey4 can you make it up with the Turbo truck? You'd be #5. I can bring the LS3 rockers arms, etc., with me and that'll make it worth the trip for ya!

Anyone else?

How many cars can show on the 12th?

I count 3 definitely and 2 maybe.

With you and I, we have 3 cars.

If @Nostalgic1 can bring the Coyote Fox, that makes 4.

@gammey4 can you make it up with the Turbo truck? You'd be #5. I can bring the LS3 rockers arms, etc., with me and that'll make it worth the trip for ya!

Anyone else?

I should be able to make it, Let me know a time.

JohnC likes this

Ill have to head home when were done at the dyno but that WOULD be super fun!  If we woulda all been able to do this coming weekend I would have been able to go for sure but Kathleen will be home on the 12th and thats not fair to her to be gone all day.

Matt

I'll set it up for 5 cars on 05/12/18. :yes:

I'd like to leave the dyno by 3:30pm so whoever wants to go to Beech Bend with me will have time to cruise up to the track.

I'll get a time from them because they'll have to do the math to figure out how early we need to be there to get 5 cars out by 3:30pm.

Also, be aware that if we end up with less than 5 cars, you'll have to pay $100 for the 3 pulls.

66sprint6 likes this

66 is up and running so Im ready!  Ill be happy with (roughly) 400whp and 250whp and will be ecstatic to see 430's and 275 or so.  Depends on how this particular dyno treats the ole ego and if Disney can charm some horseponies outta my Exploder rebuild.  I dont really care about dyno #'s but I look forward to seein what everyone puts down and getting to hang out with yall all mornin!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Looks like the coupe will not be ready in time for the May 12th dyno day.  To keep the price at $75, I can always bring the Raptor and put it on the rollers.

That would be awesome!

47 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

Around 400-450 to the tire.

Dumb question but can you run drag radials on the dyno?

Not sure if he is cool with DRs or not.  I can ask him on Facebook and see what he says.

Matt

JohnC likes this

6 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

That would be awesome!

Not sure if he is cool with DRs or not.  I can ask him on Facebook and see what he says.

Matt

I’m not a fan of drag radials on any dyno.  I’ve seen more than one blow on the rollers.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

I know slicks aren’t supposed to be used, wasn’t sure about drag radials. I don’t have any regular tires so count me out.

3 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

Looks like the coupe will not be ready in time for the May 12th dyno day.  To keep the price at $75, I can always bring the Raptor and put it on the rollers.

Do iiiiiiitttt!!!!

1 hour ago, Disney said:

Most will say DR's are a no no. I've seen it done and work. Ive seen it done and not work. 

It's a 50/50 shot if it'll work or not.

But I've also seen street tires blow on a dyno.

Too much wheel speed I guess. The tire started to go just before he let off.

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I can ask him on Facebook and see what he says.

Matt

When I spoke with him on the phone, he told me to email him which cars if any wanted a tune and he'd get back to me with a time to be there on the 12th.

I did (none want a tune) and he never got back to me to confirm the 12th.

Did he get mixed up between you and I and confirm the date with you?

If you get in touch, get him to confirm the date and time. We need to be out of there by 3:30pm if we want to make it to Beech Bend Raceway when the gates open.

Thanks... :up:

He hasnt talked to me in a good while.  I sent him an email asking him about the drag radials and havnt heard back.  If he hits me up Ill confirm and see what he says and let you know for sure.

Matt

JohnC likes this