66sprint6

Union Hill TNT thread

98 posts in this topic

The CTSV is back together.  Fingers crossed my fuel problem is fixed

Must be the curse of fuel issues this season.

My junk is running like ass and throwing different codes every time.

P2198

P2635

There was 1 other it threw that I don’t recall....

What could it be?

Starting to wonder if bank 2 is hurt....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

What could it be?

Starting to wonder if bank 2 is hurt....

Could always bring it out, make a WOT pass and find out real quick whats up!

:lol:

Matt

My fuel pump issues seems to be fixed.  I can start tweaking the tune.  I'm surprised the car isn't 60'ing better than it is.  So I pulled up datalogs from last year and I consistently had 3-5 degrees more timing in that 60' time range on 93 than I do on e85.  There's obviously more to be had there.

My best pass for the night last night was a 1.51,6.61@107.  The DA calculator I normally use has some crazy wrong temperature values, so I plugged in what my display says it was and on that pass DA was about 950.  

Matt, on your passes DA was between 12-1350.  Let me know when your best pass in the coyote was and I'll see if I have DA data for that night, assuming I was there that night.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

18 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Could always bring it out, make a WOT pass and find out real quick whats up!

:lol:

Matt

Nah... trans is not happy. :no:

As a side note...

I noticed my battery voltage is going down. Cranking slow, too. It's a known thing that a bad battery in these cars messes with the electronics. Build date on the car is 2009 and the battery is the original. I think it's time for a new battery.  :yes:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

My fuel pump issues seems to be fixed.  I can start tweaking the tune.  I'm surprised the car isn't 60'ing better than it is.  So I pulled up datalogs from last year and I consistently had 3-5 degrees more timing in that 60' time range on 93 than I do on e85.  There's obviously more to be had there.

I'm still very curious as to the timing "goals" for these cars with computer controlled timing.  Based on the fact that a low transmission gear can tolerate more timing than high gear,  does timing generally look a few degrees less after each upshift?  (Does a car in direct drive have 10 or so less degrees than it did at launch?)

Had a fun night despite them opening the gates late, sitting in traffic forever to get into the track (heat soak city) paying $5 more than usual, only getting 2 runs in because they ran 500million frickin bikes and then sitting on the highway for over an hour due to traffic issues on the way home :down:

First pass was a shake-down, get rid of the nerves, see how she acts, try to keep the shiny side up...and shiny kinda deal.  Launched around 3K with a quick clutch let out.  Bogged but recovered nicely.  Ran nice and straight, no drama, shifts were just fine (WOOHOO) and I ended up with a 7.86 at 93.56mph with a 1.84 60ft.  

7.86 at 93.jpg

Got back in the lanes for a hot lap and ended up getting a wonderful cool-down while they ran the bikes for what felt like an hour.  Next pass I upped the RPMS to roughly 4500, dumped the clutch and it TORE out of the hole like an animal.  Was very violent...and very entertaining.  I was so amused by it that I let 1st go for too long and let it hit the limiter before the 1-2 shift.  Ended up running a 7.52 at 94.72 mph with a 1.75 60ft.

7.52 at 94.jpg

Not a bad first time at the track with the car.  Had a blast and already cant wait to get back out there and work on that 60ft!!!

Matt

Tino and mstrpth like this

I couldnt find any local that werent motorcycle so I ordered mine online on Summit I believe.  Might have better luck in Nashville at a speed shop but I called around the Boro and looked at a couple places that SAID they had them and then didnt.

Matt

On 4/4/2019 at 9:07 AM, gammey4 said:

What’s a decent helmet to buy? And is there anywhere local that sells them?

G-Force has a fairly cheap carbon helmet. I think I paid ~$500 for mine.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, gammey4 said:

Tennessee Speed Sport has gforce helmets in stock if anyone else is looking to buy one local. They price match summit and JEGS also.

Were you able to figure out what was up with the Trans or are you still down?

Weather is looking good for tomorrow, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Matt

Were you able to figure out what was up with the Trans or are you still down?

Weather is looking good for tomorrow, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Matt

Yeah I got it figured out, turned out to be a broken wire in the harness. I went to Buffalo Valley Saturday night and it’s shifting right again. I changed the angle on my traction bars before I went and kept blowing the tires off. I’m suspension stupid so it’s going to be a long learning curve. I also plan on putting a lower rear gear in it, I’m crossing the stripe at 5700rpm in second.

66sprint6, JohnC and Tino like this

HA nice, glad you sorted it out.  Yeah, unless your going to a standing mile event a lower gear would be a good idea!  Lookin forward to you getting that thing dialed in!

Matt

Gotta pic of your suspension setup?

I’ll get some when I get home for you.

Gotta pic of your suspension setup?

ef1332b755fee6cfba1a0ecda3015931.jpgd7f6089a34863b7449940eb840b72cba.jpgba7ca9175adb574c80fdc6d50947b89c.jpg93b3ecefe21ef2c82c3ee73c2a5fd812.jpg4f0f3ca7e18bacae64211263fccbbc7f.jpg

Not mine but I have the exact same setup. My bars are in the bottom hole in the back and top hole in the front. The picture with the shocks is my truck, double adjustable JEGS stickered qa1’s. Front has double adjustable coil overs with 10” 600lb springs on it, no sway bar.

Ashley P and JohnC like this

What's the name of that rear setup?   I wanna research it.  I'm confused by it...looks less effective and WAY more complicated than a slapper bar....I liked my slapper bars for my leaf spring TA.  That lifted at the front spring eye and also extended back several inches (behind the axle) to connect a U-bolt around the rear of the spring to pull it down and not just throw the back of the car in the air.  (Forced it to rotate the chassis, wheelie if able.)

What's the name of that rear setup?   I wanna research it.  I'm confused by it...looks less effective and WAY more complicated than a slapper bar....I liked my slapper bars for my leaf spring TA.  That lifted at the front spring eye and also extended back several inches (behind the axle) to connect a U-bolt around the rear of the spring to pull it down and not just throw the back of the car in the air.  (Forced it to rotate the chassis, wheelie if able.)

Assassin traction bars

A LONG time ago I bought a magazine for two articles, one about nitrous and one on rear suspension geometry.  Rear suspension basically needs 3 things.  Picture a drag car launch on a trans brake or clutch dump.  First, there's gotta be enough tire bite to start the suspension working.  Second, the rear suspension needs to ATTEMPT to lift the car (how much, and what relation to center of gravity is the unicorn to catch).  Third, the car needs to accelerate quickly enough so that the rear suspension CANNOT lift because of the weight transfer which makes the front tires as light as a feather.

That's oversimplified, but watch a pro stock leave the line.

Starting with the weight distribution of  a TRUCK is an uphill battle.