66sprint6

Union Hill TNT thread

101 posts in this topic

I went up and talked to them about being there but being in the wrong car and they scratched me off the list :roflmao:.  There were a couple other racers up there laughing saying the same thing you did, the ole LTD might have gone a couple rounds with the turnout and some head games at the line!

I got to see your run against the stupid quick S550 Mustang and you got in his head bigtime on the launch and he aborted the run.  Thats the first ive seen you run on the latest setup and its still wicked to watch that 4 door move out like it does!

Matt

28 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

I went up and talked to them about being there but being in the wrong car and they scratched me off the list :roflmao:.  There were a couple other racers up there laughing saying the same thing you did, the ole LTD might have gone a couple rounds with the turnout and some head games at the line!

I got to see your run against the stupid quick S550 Mustang and you got in his head bigtime on the launch and he aborted the run.  Thats the first ive seen you run on the latest setup and its still wicked to watch that 4 door move out like it does!

Matt

I red lit and we both spun.  He saw the red light and just let out.

He spun like crazy and then let out and you kept booking!  With the way he spun he didnt have a chance of collecting it and catching you at the rate you were moving out so I dont blame him for pulling the plug!

Matt

Would love to but its not likely this season.  Maybe in Spring!  You wouldnt notice me there anyways running 15's in absolute old man comfort, falling asleep from boredom :lol:

Matt

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Any of you down to hit Beech Bend for some 1/4 mile action anytime soon?

When are you planning on going? 

My buddy is going to drop the engine in his Camaro this weekend. After that all he will need is a tune and he'll be ready to race 

JohnC likes this

I'm not going to work Friday.

Looks like Beech Bend has a race going, so they're out.

The Hill doesn't show anything for the 12th. They closed that day or what?

Disney likes this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Gonna be cold but potentially dry this coming Tues.  If so Im gonna try to head back out there.  Only a couple left!

Matt

I'm screwed. Got to work.

The Hill opens up its Tues night TNT again Next Tues April 2nd.  Ill be there to work on the Driver Mod in the Shelby, stock power wise on a tire.  Johnathan will be in his Ecoboost HOPEFULLY on a drag radial as well.  Im hoping I can get the launch and shifting sorted out enough to have some fun tho my eventual goal is to see how close I can get the Shelby to the GT's 7.52 best before I start adding power.  Only one way to find out.

Matt

JohnC and Tino like this

I had to send my fuel pump controller off to get fixed.  It probably won’t be back by Tuesday.  If by chance it shows up, I’ll be there.  I’m looking for 6.3x and 110 mph this year.

66sprint6 and Tino like this

Ill take a 7.3x and shoot for 6.9x's down the road.  I hope you can make it, always enjoy seeing the CTSV rip and picking your brain about this and that!

Matt

My junk is having all kinds of weird issues.

As far as trans swap goes...

Mechanic said Friday and now he’s going out of town for the weekend so that has pushed things back again.

I’d love to hit the track but this POS has too many issues right now.

It’s not looking good so far.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

One day all your hard earned dollars spent will pay off!!!  Or you will part out and trade for a ZL1 or a purple Mustang that runs 9s in the 1/8 :lol:

Matts

^ Fixed?

Sometimes going back to the good ole days aint bad!  If I got my hands on a nice Fox Coupe you better believe you would see me out there busting off low 9's tryin to get into the 8's again with a smile :D

Matt

Ashley P, Tino and JohnC like this

9 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Sometimes going back to the good ole days aint bad!  If I got my hands on a nice Fox Coupe you better believe you would see me out there busting off low 9's tryin to get into the 8's again with a smile :D

Matt

I miss those days with my fox. 

66sprint6 likes this

Tues' forecast is looking good.  Gonna be chilly but dry.  Cant wait to get the season started and dont wanna wait another day.  Work tomorrow is gonna go so slooooooooooooooooow

Matt

Tino likes this