66sprint6

Union Hill 2018 thread

61 posts in this topic

Glad your enjoying it at least!  Ive been wanting to try and line up with the slower Hellcat for a while but never can make it happen.  He's getting quicker and quicker with more seat time and mods.  

Matt

I need to hit the track soon. My days off just didn't align this week though.

I'm looking in to boost. It's over $8k for a good supercharger kit like the Procharger. Almost seems better to just spend that money on a turbo kit since blowers have gotten as expensive.

https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2010-2015-chevrolet-camaro-ss-twin-turbo-system/

https://www.jegs.com/i/ProCharger/780/1GT312P1XPPH/10002/-1

But then, the other part of my brain says leave it as is and save for a ZL1.

Tino likes this

The CTSV is back in fighting form.  The trunk tank was a big help.  I can run eliminations with no worries about cooling the car off.  I can actually hot lap it.  It felt fun again.  The downside is I'm going to spend as much on ice as some spend on nitrous.

My best was a 6.92@102.  DA was 2900' on that run.

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

Ashley P, Tino, slim_9916 and 2 others like this

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Nice run, Mike!

Any slow 5th Gen's out there?

Soon as i get tooned, we'll meet up and go race.

I prefer Beech Bend if it is possible for you. :love:

Always seems to be.

Man Mike, I need to get out there next week if you go!   I miss being out there!

Matt

Disney likes this

I'm on vacation next week.  But as long as I'm not in need of a vacation from vacation when I get back, I should be there the following Tuesday.

5 hours ago, mstrpth said:

problem solved :) 

https://www.amazon.com/NewAir-AI-100BK-28-Pound-Portable-Maker/dp/B003LVXD6I?th=1

we do have about 10 ice makers across the road...just a thought

What are you talking about ice makers?  Are there some at C&M?

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm on vacation next week.  But as long as I'm not in need of a vacation from vacation when I get back, I should be there the following Tuesday.

What are you talking about ice makers?  Are there some at C&M?

yeah

10 hours ago, Mike said:

The downside is I'm going to spend as much on ice as some spend on nitrous.

Liquid nitrogen cooling? :lol:

Im going to try and take a break from moving/painting etc tomorrow night and try to get the nugget out for some base line runs if anyone wants to come out!  Looks like the track will shut down for the season after October.

@Mike @JohnC

Matt

I’m thinking about a Friday night or Saturday, whichever is a street car night at beech bend. 1/8 mile racing just feels too short for the slomaro. I like to see that 1/4 mile ET.

I always ran it heat soaked and full of gas, so next time will be cooled down runs and less fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im going to try and take a break from moving/painting etc tomorrow night and try to get the nugget out for some base line runs if anyone wants to come out!  Looks like the track will shut down for the season after October.

@Mike @JohnC

Matt

I'll be there.  Tomorrow night is a heads up race for the fastest "615" street car at the Hill.  There's a street class and outlaw class.  You are actually #30 on the street list still with your mustang and an alternate if Michael Quinn doesn't show.  Might as well run the wagon if the spot opens up.

@shaft is on there too.  Leonard (kwikrnu) is on there at number 21.  He might show if he's not detained downtown or out brandishing firearms at Brentwood city hall.

A lot of these cars won't show, so any alternates have a good chance of running.  They didn't do a good job of getting the word out about this and most people don't even know they are on this "list".

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Yeah I knew I was on the list but thought I had dropped into the 40's, definitely had NO clue I was an alternate.  Shoot, Ide be a bye run for anyone who got lined up with me!!!  If it was the normal BS bracket garbage then I would actually stand a much better chance in the wagon being slow and an auto. 

HA ole Leanard, I noticed his name on the list back when it first came out.  Not sure ide even recognize the dude without seeing an updated mug shot or his face at the top of a news report. 

Im looking forward to this evening tho, need to get out and have some fun.

Matt

2 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Leonard will slip up one of these days and they will probably throw the book at him.

or shoot him

66sprint6 likes this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

.  Shoot, Ide be a bye run for anyone who got lined up with me!!!  If it was the normal BS bracket garbage then I would actually stand a much better chance in the wagon being slow and an auto.

Matt

You need a parachute and a LOUD sound system with pro mod audio....stage really violently and bluff round one into a red light. 

I haven't figured out round two yet.

Edited by Ashley P
Tino likes this

Ha I've already thought about first round strategy if I were to run.  Roll up with my helmet and a jacket on.  Big burnout past the staging lights, have someone open up my doors to let the smoke out and open hatch glass and "twist" something or other then line me up.  Other that that maybe let off the brake on the first amber and scream "CHASE IS A RACE" as I go down the track?

Matt

mstrpth and Tino like this

Had fun being slow tonight.  Mike looked to be rolling out!  Was going to stay a little longer and try to get some extra runs in but had to go pick Luke up from my Friend's house before it got too late.  Im gonna try to get out there the next couple Tues nights before they close for the season.

Matt

I red lit the first round of the street car thing.  There was a good turnout, but still a lot of cars that didn't show.  You could probably have made it a couple rounds on bye runs if you wanted.  

I decided to run trophy too.  I made it past the first round and red lit again.  I've got to get a handle on that.  I'm anticipating that last yellow light and leaving too early.