66sprint6

Union Hill 2018 thread

28 posts in this topic

Im thinkin about hitting up the Hill Tues 4/10 if the weather allows.  Will be cold and slick but Ide like to knock the cobwebs off and get back into the swing of things!  Thought maybe Ide start a 2018 Union Hill thread to keep up with this season's outings.

Matt

I'd like to go if Diz and his tooner are done with my junk.

But not sure I'll have some DR's on by then, so the car would probably just spin and go nowhere. :lol:

66sprint6 likes this

With as cold and wet as it will be, it likely wont be a day to shoot for the moon BUT it will be fine for shaking off the cobb webs or in your case, shaking down the new setup and seeing how its holding up!  I hope to see it out there, if nothing else to check it out in person.

Matt

JohnC likes this

This morning is gorgeous but I know that the blast up the highway at 40* will still offer better traction so Im not gonna worry about missing out tonight.  Did you get your car????  Next Tues is supposed to be much warmer and if the rain holds off it might be perfect out!

Matt

WOOHOO!  Go figure there might be a conflict for me but Im trying to find someone to take over if at all possible.  Im still in until I am at the end of my list and have to go myself.

Matt

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I won't be able to make it Tues night. Got to work... :(

Well, since you're interested in the numbers for the car, just leave it at home w/keys in it.....I'll bet someone here loves you enough to drive it and get some numbers for you. :)

66sprint6 and Tino like this

Posted (edited)

There appears to be some interest, so let me propose that all who love John enough to drive his car for him can car pool to the track, share the workload of hot-lapping the car, and the guy with the best time of the night has his admission refunded by the guy with the worst time.   Who's in?  :D 

(Disney, if John doesn't respond in time we may need to borrow that extra key you had made.)

Edited by Ashley P
Tino, Disney and 66sprint6 like this

Tues looks a little wet.  Not that itll effect my traction issues, but I doubt they will be open LOL

There is a track day at Buffalo Valley Sat for some of the members of the Bedford Co Fords group.  Im signed up to go but not sure if Ill actually be able to make it yet or not.  I hope so, especially seeing that Tues will be a rain out.

Matt

Ill be out there tonight with @goattdogg and his 18 EcoBoost.  Im gonna leave the GT at home due to a lack of grip, plus ide like to help him get the EcoBoost down the track and see what he can manage before mods come along.  If anyone else is goin just holler!

Matt

Every Tues night for the last couple weeks has had some sort of rain issue apparently but hopefully tonight will be better.  Im gonna keep an eye on the weather but if it stays dry, @goattdogg and I will be out as usual.  Just got done doing intercooler, downpipe and tune on his Eco so were hoping to get more than a couple runs in tonight if all goes well.  Its gonna be hot hot hot BUT were gonna try to get him into the 8's finally!

@JohnC you gonna try to sneak in unannounced or do you have to work again?

Matt

I got 3 runs in before it sprinkled and 1 immediately after it stopped.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference before and after.  The track sucked equally bad dry and wet.  I went a best of 1.57, 7.00, 101mph.  DA was 2000'.  I wanted to see a 6.xx, but it just didn't happen.  I've detuned the car a bit since last year, went from a 2.45 to a 2.55 upper pulley, removed the ice box and put my stock throttle body back on.  It should still go 6's. 

I definitely need an ice box though.  I just can't cool the intercooler between rounds without it.  I actually killed the battery last night running the fan.

All in all, I enjoyed just making passes.  I was still number 1 qualifier in quick 8.  There was a hellcat challenger there running close to my times and a hellcat charger running 7.50's.

IMG_2051.JPG

Disney, JohnC, Tino and 2 others like this