JohnC

Tuning L99 for Heads, Cam, Exhaust, Converter, etc.

Rate this topic:

156 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

I was going to post a disclaimer that posts about your work schedule would not be a valid response :wall:

Have it tuned local and you could leave it with em and drive the Beetle to work for a day and have it back ready to hit the Hill with us next Tues...I wanna see if you got anything for the nasty 6th gen out there. (all this assuming you blow my doors off cause I got nothing for him unless I can catch him sleeping at the light, get my shifts in perfect and can hold him off at the top end where he has me by quite a few mph)

Matt

What's the 6th gen running?

Ive seen him run 7.3's at 98.  Last I talked to him he was running 7.7's with headers/tune/drag radial only and was wanting to boost it next.  Two or three weeks later he was MUCH louder, the shifts were nasty crisp and quick and he was running 98 mph.  Never got to talk to him that day but he was running muuuuuuuuuuuch quicker than before and was doing grudge races with the black ZL1 that was also running 98 mph.

Matt

JohnC likes this

16 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Ive seen him run 7.3's at 98.  Last I talked to him he was running 7.7's with headers/tune/drag radial only and was wanting to boost it next.  Two or three weeks later he was MUCH louder, the shifts were nasty crisp and quick and he was running 98 mph.  Never got to talk to him that day but he was running muuuuuuuuuuuch quicker than before and was doing grudge races with the black ZL1 that was also running 98 mph.

Matt

Heck, I run consistent 7.7's effortlessly on a street tire. Just smash the gas and go. Basically leaving at idle and traction control on.

But with my current tune, I won't be able to beat his new best of 7.3.

Find out who tuned his junk next time you see him. :up:

I wanted to talk to him last time but never got a chance.  He did some work between the 7.7 night and the low 7 night because he picked up 4-5 mph which is quite a bit.  You woulda been heads up with the guy when he was just LTs/tune/tire back when your tune allowed you to run similar.  Wonder if you got enough potential hiding in the tune to get you down there where he's at now?  Then again, he might have a blower by now for all I know cause that was his short term goal he said.

Matt

I’m probably down 40 to 45 ho in the peak ho range because of the tune. So that and a tire would bring down my ET closer to his I’m sure.

I just can’t get over how quick these new cars are now though.

Crazy he ran 7.7’s with so little work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get on it man!  Tune and a tire and then no excuses for not being able to whoop ass and take names when we go out racing!  Taylord tuning, BMR, the guy who tuned it initially and could dial it in further, Gammey...get it going and the tire parts easy.  You should be out there hurting "quicker" much more expensive car's feelings with me.

Matt

Disney likes this