Jamtoy

LS3 advice.

Rate this topic:

117 posts in this topic

Splitter, front splash guard's and lights done. Waiting on some LED's that fit behind the headlight dust covers to get here so I can start putting back together. Also threw up a small tv I had laying around and a roku to go with it. 

IMG_0431.JPG

66sprint6, mstrpth and JohnC like this

Replacing headlight lenses SUCKS! But it is worth the time and effort. Hopefully have it back together by Sat.

IMG_0438.JPG

Disney likes this

Looking at cam but I have a hard time paying $3000 for parts and labor. Also looking to add something to the fleet, once I have space so supercharger may have to wait:D

Going in hopefully by end of month for custom ground cam package at Hutter performance which is in Charden OH. At 102k miles I obviously drive the car as my daily in summer so didnt want to go to big on the cam and place unneeded stress on the valve train. Maintain fair drivability while making gains under the curve was priority over peak numbers. Doing oil pump, timing set, etc and trunnions.I also just sold the 62' so possibly, just maybe some boost to come.

Specs on cam are 232/238 .574/586 with 112LSA they use a mustang dyno so hoping somewhere around 460whp but avg gain is where I hope we see some nice improvement.

JohnC and Tino like this

16 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Sweet!  Give her hell and keep enjoying it.

Sold the classic huh?  What brought that on?

Matt

Only drove it a couple times a year and just kinda lost interest. Sold it to a 78yo guy from the other side of the state. Actually just put it out there to see what the market was like not really thinking it would sell, turns out its pretty good:)

Well congrats, hate seeing the old girl sell BUT if you got what you wanted for it and can now spread the automotive wealth amongst your other rides GREAT!!!

Matt

On 10/22/2020 at 4:06 PM, JohnC said:

So what's going to replace it?

C8?

Hmmmmm may have looked at those.

Drove a 19' E63s last week. Omg fast, great seats, rode like total crap and road/tire noise was terrible. Also looking at M5 but probably just chill through winter. Selling Dads SLK55 AMG too so we may get something together. C8 is high on the list now that the style has grown on me.

JohnC likes this