Jamtoy

LS3 advice.

Rate this topic:

61 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2018 at 1:04 PM, Jamtoy said:

Went to the track again wed night. This time to an old racetrack, Thompson Raceway that has been around for a long time. They are known for a national gasser race. 

Anyway, previous best was a 3.26 at 108.0. Last night I went 13.19 at 111.11. DA was about 2600 so not all bad considering. Still need tires, yep need tires. Sixty foots were 2.3..

and car was wheel hopping after hitting second gear. I had forgotten how much fun this is....

I cut a 1.7x 60ft on DSW 09's with TC on.

Fwiw, the DSW 09's suck in cornering. But are a good all season tire that's soft and does well on the drag strip. 

Also looking at an OMP suede wheel too. Kinda silly to have two but  figure if the car keeps moving in a direction I did not originally intend might as well have a good race wheel.

OMP is not as fun to say. 

As the cars hibernate for the winter I bought just a few things.

I bought stainless speed eng. 1 7/8 headers and cat-less x-pipes. Going to have them ceramic coated before they go on. Also bought a new set of 19/20 Black Corvette "cup" wheels and Michelin Pilot AS3 tires. Damnnnnn tires are expensive. I had planned on getting a cam too, and call it a day. After seeing Johns results I may seek boost. Depends on a few things non-car related if I do or don't. 

I get more indecisive everyday as to if or what I want from this vette. Probably an age thing.

66sprint6, JohnC and Tino like this

5 hours ago, Jamtoy said:

As the cars hibernate for the winter I bought just a few things.

I bought stainless speed eng. 1 7/8 headers and cat-less x-pipes. Going to have them ceramic coated before they go on. Also bought a new set of 19/20 Black Corvette "cup" wheels and Michelin Pilot AS3 tires. Damnnnnn tires are expensive. I had planned on getting a cam too, and call it a day. After seeing Johns results I may seek boost. Depends on a few things non-car related if I do or don't. 

I get more indecisive everyday as to if or what I want from this vette. Probably an age thing.

If you boost, do a catch can with a check valve or you'll regret it.

Ask me how I know... :meh:

3 minutes ago, Jamtoy said:

Please explain. I need all the info I can get 

If you run much rpm and boost (more than most stock kits recommend), the crankcase get's pressurized by the blowby at high boost. When that happens, it finds the weakest link, which on my junk seemed to be the passengers side valve cover gasket and possible the rear main seal.

How about that 60-143 mph run in 9 secs?

IMG_0569.jpg

Still need to check my plugs, but nothing else seems hurt but the seals.

Oil pressure is still good. Oil looks good. It's not burning oil. It's not miss firing.

But now when I park 12 to 24 hours later I have a 2 or 3 inch sport from oil dripping right about where my rear main seal is located.

Pretty sure the rear main seal going to need to be replaced.

I already bought the Mighty Mouse setup with -12an lines, so that and back down rpm to about 6,500 should help.

1 hour ago, Jamtoy said:

9a at 143 and I will evacuate my colon!

Took a sec for it to stall up. Just watch the video timeline and listen. Right at 9 secs.

And you can see by the log, traction control was doing it's thing. You'll see the rpm's hesitate a couple times.