Jamtoy

LS3 advice.

Rate this topic:

55 posts in this topic

If he's got cash to burn hell yeah!  If not, skip the top end kit and go straight blower.  THEN if you still feel the itch, add the rest as you go!  Unless the idea is to stay NA obviously.  Those motors wake up nicely either way you go, but like the Coyote, you have to pay to play.

Matt

Sure. More power you make NA, more power you make boosted. But, he's already making good power NA.... So if he adds 15psi, he will roughly DOUBLE his power. If he does heads and cam, he might get another 100hp, which at 15psi will make another 200hp. So does he want a 750-800hp Corvette, or a 900-1000hp corvette? I bet 700 would make him **** his pants.

Ashley P, Tino, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

15 hours ago, Disney said:

Sure. More power you make NA, more power you make boosted. But, he's already making good power NA.... So if he adds 15psi, he will roughly DOUBLE his power. If he does heads and cam, he might get another 100hp, which at 15psi will make another 200hp. So does he want a 750-800hp Corvette, or a 900-1000hp corvette? I bet 700 would make him **** his pants.

I'd take a 1,000 whp Vette. But I'm :insane:

My guess is the poo would fly at 1000. Just a wet fart at 700-800. 

If I go boosted I think headers and cam should be on the list. I like the ECS system, http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=389&category_id=699

or the A&A. I want to run pump 93. May do meth later but not at this point. E85 is out cause we go none around here.

My car is a ton of fun at its power levels.  Im sure JohnC would agree with his as well.  We would both agree that a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle more wouldnt hurt but that rabbit hole can ruin a car quick.  Get it sounding the way you want then add a light sprinkle of boost (or heads and a cam) and then drive the wheels off of it!

Matt

3 hours ago, Jamtoy said:

My guess is the poo would fly at 1000. Just a wet fart at 700-800. 

If I go boosted I think headers and cam should be on the list. I like the ECS system, http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=389&category_id=699

or the A&A. I want to run pump 93. May do meth later but not at this point. E85 is out cause we go none around here.

I always have to ask after hearing someone say that type of thing.  What is the highest HP car you've owned or had much seat time in? A 500rwhp car is damn fast on the street. 700 is pretty much useless. 

I REALLY like that blower kit! Well thought out and uses good components. I'd slap that on in a heartbeat. 

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

2 hours ago, Disney said:

I always have to ask after hearing someone say that type of thing.  What is the highest HP car you've owned or had much seat time in? A 500rwhp car is damn fast on the street. 700 is pretty much useless. 

I REALLY like that blower kit! Well thought out and uses good components. I'd slap that on in a heartbeat. 

Technology helps.

Traction control gets me going from a dig. Shut it off and the weak-sauce 442 whp on a 275 tire goes nowhere.

There's the "fine line" that some people can learn.  I liked a manual trans, I thought I had "more feel".  No, nothing super powerful, but often "under-tired".

8 hours ago, Mike said:

600rwhp in a GS corvette will spin those 335 michelins at 100mph.  Don’t fall victim to 1320 video rwhp mania.  1000rwhp is useless in a fun street car.

Truth.

66sprint6 likes this

On 6/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, Disney said:

My fastest cars were running high 11's around 115 and that was a long time ago for me. One a small block on nitrous and the other a BB ford. I'm not going to be stupid. I know my limits and plan on doing things in a smart way. I plan on several more trips to the track and continue getting better at driving. My first thing will probably be drag radials. Once I get the hang of that then look at adding some more POWA!! My mind works like this. If part A adds efficiency to part B I should use part A. So I think that if I go the ECS system then headers and a cam to take advantage of the boost should be used. Now that is provided they make since on 93 octane.

Disney and JohnC like this

Added a Vitesse throttle throttle controller. Wow, that is some serious responsiveness! Makes stock seem super laggy. 

They make them for the Camaro SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep they have them for the SS. My understanding is that they can be used in combination with a tune. Has 9 settings and response gets more immediate with each. At the highest it is instant and takes very little gas to spin the tires and is a bitrosy. What little have played with in the time I have had it it seems setting 6 is good daily fun. .

Wouldnt your tune do the same?

Matt

It does, driver demand table a. Fastest way to brick a ecu if you don’t know what your doing.

66sprint6 likes this

Oh yeah, not something I was suggesting JohnC mess with by any means, just meant his custom tune in general.

I know that the stock throttle feel on the drive by wire on the Coyote and the 2.0T in my ST were pretty lame compared to having a tune installed.  Night and day better.

Matt

Then probably shouldnt be messed with way things are going! 

:lol:

Ide have someone else mess with it if it was deemed necessary.  I know that the stock throttle feel on the drive by wire on the Coyote and the 2.0T in my ST were pretty lame compared to having a tune installed.  Night and day better.

Matt

His has already been messed with

So how would this work in conjunction with a tune? Is table a left alone? Do you tune to work with the vitesse? BTW, anyone know of a good LS tuner in my area, NE Ohio Western PA? Long shot but thought I would ask.

So how would this work in conjunction with a tune? Is table a left alone? Do you tune to work with the vitesse? BTW, anyone know of a good LS tuner in my area, NE Ohio Western PA? Long shot but thought I would ask.

You would sell that and just adjust it in the tune. Zero need to have both.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

11 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

You would sell that and just adjust it in the tune. Zero need to have both.

That was mostly the point I was making to JohnC...no need to buy the controller with his tune.

Matt

Went to the track again wed night. This time to an old racetrack, Thompson Raceway that has been around for a long time. They are known for a national gasser race. 

Anyway, previous best was a 3.26 at 108.0. Last night I went 13.19 at 111.11. DA was about 2600 so not all bad considering. Still need tires, yep need tires. Sixty foots were 2.3..

and car was wheel hopping after hitting second gear. I had forgotten how much fun this is....

Tino likes this