Jamtoy

LS3 advice.

Rate this topic:

55 posts in this topic

So I bought this: 11' Grand Sport 6spd manual. Previous owner put a cat back straight pipe exhaust on it. Aside from that its stock. Factory shifter sucks so I have a MGW flat stick on the way. Not sure what route to take. Thinking heads, cam and headers and calling if fun and done......wouldn't know what setup as there seems to be plenty of stuff to choose from. I need to get a baseline dyno done and lucky for me there is one here in the town where I work. 

BTW, chrome old guy rims are not long for this world. 

vette.jpg

I like the Kooks aside from the cost. I was considering Hinson also but need more info on them as to how they compare. Seems most people do the 1& 7/8's. The car has what looks to be 3" straight pipes from the cats back with no mufflers. Nice exhaust but haven't gotten a good enough look to see the brand but all stainless. Love the over run pop pop pop! Put a AFR dry filter on it tonight. Had the factory clogger in place not sure how those breath as dense as they are.

LOL, still here. My job keeps me busy. 

I have been working a little on the car. Had a friend remove the front plate holder and repaint the nose and splitter. Also installed  MGW Flatstick which is possibly the most satisfying $390 investment I have ever made for a car. GM should be ashamed of the flimsy stamped crap they install on these cars. Absolutely no comparison with shift action. Hardest part was unplugging the electrical connections in the console. 

As far as headers I have not made up my mind about headers. I have been looking through reviews of the speed engineering and honestly for the price difference I am having a hard time justifying the Kooks. Also may hold off as I may start building a 4 car garage behind my house. And now there is the question of boost............eventually.

corvette bumper repaint.jpg

corvette mgw 1.jpg

corvette mgw 2.jpg

corvette mgw 3.jpg

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

And I deserve a supermodel girlfriend.

Somethings just ain't gonna happen.:lol:

I may still do kooks. See some occasionally pop up on other forums. But why are they worth double of other headers? 

66sprint6 likes this

20 hours ago, Jamtoy said:

And I deserve a supermodel Asian girlfriend.

Somethings just ain't gonna happen.:lol:

I may still do kooks. See some occasionally pop up on other forums. But why are they worth double of other headers? 

Fixed?  Or have things changed?  :) 

66sprint6 likes this

Going to dyno on the 29th. Mustang dyno so I expect to be heart broken. Just want a base line as it sits and will go from there. Guesstimates?

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Well someone was damn close. 

On a mustang dyno 372whp and with the WCF 385.8whp. Pretty happy with those numbers and the factory tune is pig rich.

Torque was 345.2 and 358.2 with WCF. I was expecting more torque.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Well my driving skills are the suk. Had wheel hop, shifting skills are meh just basic nerves since it had been 14yrs from the last time I was on a track. I was hoping to touch the twelves without drag radials and hit 110-112 trap speeds. 13.29 at 106.5. Cant seem to upload timeslip. Ill try later.

JohnC likes this

Been looking at the TF 255's. Honestly I think I may plan a boosted build the more I think about it. Dad thinks I should build a simple street/strip car and leave the vette alone. I'm so confused!!!!

I agree with Disney. It's like we could be soul mates. 

I will be building a house soon (architect still doing the drawings) so that will take priority but I think I may start collecting the parts needed for a pump gas build with a centrifugal supercharger. I like the ESS system or the A&A. I will probably start the build on paper and go from there. What can the stock bottom end handle power wise? Or just plan on a crank and forged pistons?

66sprint6 likes this

On 6/7/2018 at 6:28 PM, 66sprint6 said:

Skip past the top end kit, go ALL the way to the top with a blower and make more power!!!

Matt

Blower + heads and cam = mo-betta! :yum: