dr.art

2001 Ford Ranger

Rate this topic:

67 posts in this topic

Found this one super cheap off craigslist.

2wd s/c auto . Has what's left of a 3.0 v-6 under the hood

i have had v-8 Rangers before, has any one here done a ls or other engine swap besides a 5.0 ?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

There used to be a light blue square body ranger around with a Windsor swap and I always wanted it.  My sister had a super nice single cab, step side back in highschool that I dreamed of swapping but it was sold and she bought another car when she went to college. I dont know about what else you could swap...if money wasnt an issue (LOL) then an Ecoboost swap would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Matt

If it originally had an engine, then it's been LS swapped. Planes trains and automobiles are all swapped. 

guy at work has a Ranger Splash that he's building. Used to be on the streets back in the day, back halfed mini-tubbed, windsor based SBF with procharger. Really nice track. Going R blocked TT setup now.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

3 hours ago, dr.art said:

I got a nice slightly disassembled 3.0 ,trans and ecm

just think of the power in that one

Slightly re-assemble then spray the rods out of it?? 

4 hours ago, dr.art said:

I got a nice slightly disassembled 3.0 ,trans and ecm

just think of the power in that one

Ha my truck is a little...heavy for that.  I still would enjoy a single cab, short bed square body Ranger with a 5.0 and a T5.  Hell...theres a handful of smaller cars I could say the same thing about LOL

Matt

Got the initial clean up done on the ranger , not bad for a $300.00 truck

old block and trans ready to pull out

In a rain delay at the minute 

Joey dropped off the Mountaineer donor

should go pretty quick if I get time to stay on it

IMG_0393.JPG

Edited by dr.art
66sprint6 and Cody like this

Anger progressing great

10 am, old drive line,harness and exhaust removed,

degreased engine bay

at this point it all went to ****, so we will try again on Sunday to get the donor engine out.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

mstrpth and 66sprint6 like this

Two donor vehicles????  NICE!  Ive tossed around the idea of grabbing one but only really would want the 8.8 for the 66 (maybe) and the motor for the truck eventually.  Keep us updated on your Anger issues!

Matt

I got from Joey is the white one that one actually runs it's just been hit by a tree the green one I bought off craigslist no title runs good the guy thought it was a 2 Wheel Dr. so I don't look at it it starts right up runs good I was good no engine noise back it up do a burn out OK it works great give the 500 Bucks Drive it home put it in the driveway

started to take it apart  today and I started with saws all in the exhaust and I look at ,oh God damn this is a all wheel drive also the all-wheel-drive just doesn't work so I have two all-wheel-drive when I thought I had one all wheel drive and 1 2Wheel Dr. but oh well I have the parts for the conversion of the trans it'll just take another few days 

Edited by dr.art

Pulled the biohazard of the Mountianeer out of the mudhole spot next to the garage where it's been since Joey dropped it off

started to pull it apart to get its V-8 goodness out

well...... Again I have not really looked at this one except to make sure it started and ran before taking apart

and here comes a surprise to keep in the course of this build

this one that was thought and is badged all over as a all wheel drive is well in fact 2wd converted 

and whoever did it left all the 4wd front axles etc... But not transfer case...

So bonus to me I don't have convert the trans.

image.jpeg

Cody likes this