Ashley P

Snow reports

13 posts in this topic

What did your area get?   I bet W TN got hammered, Cody?  Others?

W KY got lots of sleet/snow which melted then froze to the roadways.  The following 6"? of snow is blowing in this strong N wind.  Semis are off the road everywhere.  My road (one of two main roads) is "shut down".  I put ice chains on my beater S10 and got home, was able to drive through our fields with no problem, yet then ran off the road due to following a rut in a drift. I wish my deuce was more than "summer field ready" so I could pull some folks out.  (Wreckers are over 2 hours behind, the road dept. isn't even plowing after dark.)

I just saw a semi wrecker BACKING down my road.   The nearest place for him to come from is 1 mile up the road.  Very abnormal....lol

3 hours ago, Mike said:

My daughter freaked out about the snow a couple years ago.  This year she loves it.

Nice!  Now, throw the garden sprinkler on that overnight for warp speed tomorrow!

Mike, my oldest two boys got on a sledding hood tied behind my s10.  I said "this probably won't work too good"...and I pulled them out to about where we shot pistols.  I was busy changing course because of snow drifts...I was judging depth by corn stalks and not paying attention to the boys.   I went across a ditch pretty violently and looked back, they were covered in snow!    Turns out my chains were throwing rooster tails right on them.  Oops.  lol

That sounds like a topic of conversation for the next business meeting.

We had about 6" at Gibson Farms.  While heading to work, the truck slid off of the driveway and into the field.  Fortunately, we have access to tractors that our bigger than my house. LOL  After that, I went into town.  About three miles from the house, I ran into pretty good snow drifts.  I ended up pushing snow with my front bumper.  Friday night/Saturday morning, the roads were tough.  After that, though, they aren't bad as long as you use your head.

This morning the forecaster said 1-2" of snow.  It's still snowing and we've had more like 4-6".   I got some gas and charged the deuce battery...maybe it'll snow all night and I can drive it.

66sprint6 likes this

At 1:28 you'll see the tanker that was spilling some sorta acid and required a Haz Mat response from St Louis and "closed" my road for a day or so.

I just drove my deuce around the field to refresh my memory about snow traction.  It's got very little, those non-directional tires just tend to float on top.  I tried climbing the pond levee at a slight angle and almost slid sideways .

^ I think they will with chains.  But that's low on the priority list for a low on the list truck.  And replacing the winch cable = who cares if the tires pull?  (Winch is PTO powered and controlled by pedals at the front of the driver seat.  Very boot friendly.

Edited by Ashley P