JohnC

Happy bday to...

22 posts in this topic

Well now I can't say much, because I listened to that again and I am kinda digging that.

@mstrpth I guess I am wrong, and I will say they sound pretty good.

Adam, you once said you liked Simple Man.  I've been listening to LS all year on youtube, commenters often said BBS was comparable but I ignored that...until youtube played some of their stuff and I actually gave it a chance...not bad at all IMO.   So when I heard that "yesterdays wine" about growing older, I just thought I'd see if you were getting better with time...if you rejected that song you'd obviously be a communistic Commifornian posing as a Nashvillite, but if you LOVED it you'd be a fine example of a 'Merican.   So, as far as I can tell, you're on the fence.  :O

ls1adam84 likes this

26 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Adam, you once said you liked Simple Man.  I've been listening to LS all year on youtube, commenters often said BBS was comparable but I ignored that...until youtube played some of their stuff and I actually gave it a chance...not bad at all IMO.   So when I heard that "yesterdays wine" about growing older, I just thought I'd see if you were getting better with time...if you rejected that song you'd obviously be a communistic Commifornian posing as a Nashvillite, but if you LOVED it you'd be a fine example of a 'Merican.   So, as far as I can tell, you're on the fence.  :O

Hahaha uh huh sure.

I thought there was some other underlying meaning and you were saying I was old.

However I relaized afterwards, and after actually fully listening to the song, that it was not the case here.

Yeah they are good, I have been listening to a few of their songs while at work here. Thank you for introducing me to that.

Ashley P likes this

Drinking story:

I was fixing a farmer's semi on the side of the road last summer.  The owner and a couple of his helpers were there to "help", I think all hands had a beer (not me, I don't).  I knew they often drank more than they should, and that one liked whiskey.  Someone asked if I wanted one, I said I don't drink much.  Owner asked when's the time you had a beer?   I said, that'd be...new year's eve.......19....96.   They LOL.   Just to add a little insult, I added "I had part of a Bush or Bud, it tasted like crap.  I don't see how people drink it.  And, if they just wanna get drunk, get some whiskey and get it over with.   One instant reply:  "that's what i'm talkin' about brother!"

ls1adam84 likes this

On 12/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, Ashley P said:

Drinking story:

I was fixing a farmer's semi on the side of the road last summer.  The owner and a couple of his helpers were there to "help", I think all hands had a beer (not me, I don't).  I knew they often drank more than they should, and that one liked whiskey.  Someone asked if I wanted one, I said I don't drink much.  Owner asked when's the time you had a beer?   I said, that'd be...new year's eve.......19....96.   They LOL.   Just to add a little insult, I added "I had part of a Bush or Bud, it tasted like crap.  I don't see how people drink it.  And, if they just wanna get drunk, get some whiskey and get it over with.   One instant reply:  "that's what i'm talkin' about brother!"

Hahahahaha that is pretty funny.

I don't drink much anymore either, my drinking is confined to mostly water and coca cola.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Ashley P said:

And, if they just wanna get drunk, get some whiskey and get it over with.   

That's someone with a problem.

The road to drunk is the fun part.

I was raised by a dad who "frowned upon" friends and family who drank.  They were "rough" compared to dad; I reckon one of his best friends from childhood wasted many years and one family by drinking.  I suppose he was quick to point out the damage it too often does.