shaft

Back in the game I guess..

59 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm in love with the new Raptors! :love:

What's the mpg's like? Make a good daily driver?

I drive mine daily.  I’ve put about 18K miles on it in the past 12 months.  I’m averaging about 16mpg, but can pull down 21-22mpg on the interstate.

Edited by Nostalgic1
JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm in love with the new Raptors! :love:

What's the mpg's like? Make a good daily driver?

you don't buy a truck like that and be concerned with mpg. just assume bad.

Got the Tony Mamo TB coming along with ZL1 1LE taillights and brakelights (OEM smoked - look really good)

De-badging this weekend.  Got tint for the reflectors.  Probably will get that Rotofab on the way soon.

2rsRS6k.png

Just got a quote in on Forgelines.  GA1R in Graphite.  About $5500 all in.  I may just do it.  They look SO good.  I already have the tires (off a ZL1 1LE - 325/30/19 and 305/30/19 Goodyear Supercar 3R )Here are the wheels I would be getting in a transparent finish - I am looking at Graphite which is a medium shade of grey.

wP6YjP9.jpg

46krYWW.jpg

Chad likes this

Was that you at the Hill last night...if so...you were ROLLING.  Wasnt a fan of the Silver ZL1 with the giant wing but when I saw yours I got to drooling.  Sounds amazing too.

Matt

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Was that you at the Hill last night...if so...you were ROLLING.  Wasnt a fan of the Silver ZL1 with the giant wing but when I saw yours I got to drooling.  Sounds amazing too.

Matt

It was me.  Thank you!  Black is my favorite for sure.

I only ran once - 7.61 @ 97 - there was a breakage and that huge oildown that screwed up the night for everyone.  Par for the course at the dragstrip I guess.

The other guy's ZL1 1LE - some people like the wing and some don't.  It's a track car and the aero pieces on that car do well for it at high speeds.  I love the look of the ZL1 1LE.  He didn't get a good launch, but it's hard to on cold R tires with a manual. 

I hope to get there earlier next time and get a few more passes in.  I really wish Tuesday was TNT only.  Brackets are :ghey:

Tino and 66sprint6 like this

I thought so.  Didnt put two and two together till you were getting in the car and I thought you looked familiar.  I was standing in the grass a little behind where you two were parked during the oildown holding the baby (Luke's first time at the track!!)  I like the more subtle (if you can even call a ZL1 subtle lol) look of your ZL1 vs the 1LE.  Yours just has a mean look that doesnt need anything to be perfect.  His first run was a lower 8 at 90, next pass he was 7.9's and found 5 mph.  You still ran 97 to his 95 which is awesome!  I agree, I HATE the bracket BS.  Do test n tune all night!  Last week we went and were lucky to get two runs in before they started the program.  The oil down was unlucky or else you woulda got a couple more runs in.  We were there when it opened and my buddy still only got 3 runs in.

Matt

Posted (edited)

PM me before you go next time!  I'll try to go the next nice Tuesday after next week.

haha, I noticed you with the baby now that you say where you were! 

Thanks for the comments on the car.  I like it a shitload.

3 runs is good for a Tuesday! 

Edited by shaft
66sprint6 likes this

You want to dyno that car with us?

We're shooting for Saturday the 12th up here in Hermitage at 5th gear.

5+ cars and we get $75 for 3 pulls.

I plan to head up to Beech Bend Raceway afterwards for some 1/4 mile action.

Would love it if you came out with us!

66sprint6 likes this

I would love to but I'm out of town that weekend!  I do want to get it on a dyno.

JohnC likes this

I pointed you out to my wife but was tryin not to be rude and walk away from the guy i was talkin to and hadnt seen since last season.  Then we went up to my buddy's ecoboost car a couple ahead of you and talked about what he was gonna do that pass.  He's hooked so I believe we will be goin every Tues that its nice enough to do so!!!  Im hoping to have some decent tires here soon so I can try to make some decent passes, would love to see that ZL1 out again for sure and check it out a little closer!!!

Matt

15 hours ago, Disney said:

Where TF you gotta be?!!

He need to travel to dynoville and then raceville with us!

Dyno and track outing is where it's at!

:w00t::3gears:

Posted (edited)

I would love to go, don't get me wrong!  I already had a trip planned, though.  I will go the next nice Saturday if there is a group going.  I liked that Ecoboost car.  They are cool. 

Just ordered some Pilot Sport 4S in the factory sizes for it - 305/30/20 285/30/20.  I really do love these Goodyears, but as much as I want to drive the car around, I don't want to get caught out in the rain with the Goodyears.  They just don't have the tread design for it.  Also, as bad as I want the Forgelines, I just can't justify buying them right now.  Maybe within the next year.

Matt, thanks for all the kind words about the car!  I try to keep it looking fantastic.  I actually finally discovered and started using Zaino which absolutely lives up to its reputation.  The stuff is more addictive with each layer that goes on.

Anyway I hope yall have a good time that Saturday!

Edited by shaft
66sprint6 likes this

Im gonna have to check out the Zaino stuff cause my car looks like ass from DDing it and not taking the time to keep it wiped down!  Im a HUGE fan of Chadwick's products which usually helps but again, Ive been spending less and less time on the cars that Ide like lately.

Matt

On 5/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, shaft said:

I would love to go, don't get me wrong!  I already had a trip planned, though.  I will go the next nice Saturday if there is a group going.  I liked that Ecoboost car.  They are cool. 

Just ordered some Pilot Sport 4S in the factory sizes for it - 305/30/20 285/30/20.  I really do love these Goodyears, but as much as I want to drive the car around, I don't want to get caught out in the rain with the Goodyears.  They just don't have the tread design for it.  Also, as bad as I want the Forgelines, I just can't justify buying them right now.  Maybe within the next year.

Matt, thanks for all the kind words about the car!  I try to keep it looking fantastic.  I actually finally discovered and started using Zaino which absolutely lives up to its reputation.  The stuff is more addictive with each layer that goes on.

Anyway I hope yall have a good time that Saturday!

Ceramic coat that bish... :yes:

1 hour ago, bigmike83 said:

Great looking car for sure 

Thank you, Mike!  Good to hear from you - hope everything is well with yall!

bigmike83 likes this