shaft

Back in the game I guess..

17 posts in this topic

Got tired of having slow stuff, so I got something not as slow.

'18 ZL1 A10.  Got it friday.  Has maybe 100 miles on it now, and since it's cold as balls and the F1 Supercar tires fall apart under temperatures of 40f and below, it'll likely sit in the garage for the next few weeks :lol:

First performance car I've ever owned that literally needs nothing to be perfect (well, it does need tint).  Even the exhaust sounds like an aftermarket system - I can't believe it's legal for a factory car to be this loud, but I ain't complaining!

02pZA4b.jpg

-ReefBlueCoupe (yes, I still have my coupe)

Edited by shaft
mstrpth, 66sprint6, Disney and 3 others like this

@ReefBlueCoupe

Daaaaaaaang! Another Mustang fan gone to the dark side! :stare:

Congrats, bro! That's a badass car!  :up:

I've got a 2010 SS. :love:

I want the ZL1 1LE! :yum:

Who'd thought all us diehard Ford guys would end up driving Chevy's? :lol:

Well he was going to put a ls in the coupe, I guess he decided it was to much work and just bought one. :lol:

Is it still sitting on the jack stands with the rearend out of it?

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:
19 hours ago, JohnC said:

@ReefBlueCoupe

Daaaaaaaang! Another Mustang fan gone to the dark side! :stare:

Congrats, bro! That's a badass car!  :up:

I've got a 2010 SS. :love:

I want the ZL1 1LE! :yum:

Who'd thought all us diehard Ford guys would end up driving Chevy's? :lol:

Thanks!  I like your car.  I'd like a ZL1 1LE, but am fine with this car.  It's awesome and I do not regret not getting the ZL1 1LE at all.  You know I've never been brand-loyal - just always had Fords for whatever reason.  The Mustangs are made of glass - oil-pump gears blowing up, powdered rods, etc.  MT82.  Everything needs to be upgraded to make real power without worrying.  Just was tired of that game.  GM stuff is light years ahead of Ford right now.  Ford's decision to stick with modular engines has cost them a lot of money, because people don't have confidence that they can supercharge or whatever without destroying an engine every time they run it hard. 

19 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Well he was going to put a ls in the coupe, I guess he decided it was to much work and just bought one. :lol:

Is it still sitting on the jack stands with the rearend out of it?

Yup :D - I do have more parts now, though.  LS idea is out.  Everyone is doing that and Coyotes now.  I think it'd be more interesting and cooler to just do a big Windsor with a nice injection setup, or a 302-based 363.  LS's are great - just takes a lot of money and headache to do it RIGHT - and I am not motivated to tackle a project like that.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Are you going to mod at all?

I doubt it.  It really needs nothing.  I guess that may change when I get used to it, but I like the idea of being able to drive it as hard as I want for years under warranty.  I've seen the Rotofab CAI that is about $500 and nets you +25-30rwhp without any tune changes.  That may be a possibility, but again, it's fine, and the warranty will give me peace of mind.

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Only new Camaro that looks any kind of decent to me, and is fast as hell to boot.  Congrats!

Matt

Thanks.  I agree, and it doesn't really look like a Camaro with the bodywork, wider fenders, zero badging on the side (THANK YOU GM) and those wheels and spoiler.  There is not a bad angle on this car.

Edited by shaft

@shaft

Was searching.

The 2017 ZL1 at R&T laid down 567 whp stock!

Seen 1/4 mile times of 11.3 in the 1/4, too! :up:

That car can be in the 10's with just a few easy mods and tune.

1 hour ago, shaft said:

Are they ever open when it's cold?

I'm a break-in guy. I'll be ready in about 750 more miles!

You still in Hermitage?

There is one track open now, forget the name, but we can wait for warm weather. :up:

Yup! Still in da hood. :D