JohnC

Callouts and Trash Talking Thread

58 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

NO I mean as they sit.  Mod for Mod (ill let you have the cat delete) like we stated before.  Get your tune sorted and get a free Sat and we can make some passes.  I know its a stretch schedule wise but IF you have a free Sat Ill do all I can do free it up as well.

After the little one is born I wont be putting any money into any of the cars until we get him stable so this is my only chance to give you a true head to head matchup unless you still havnt installed all the goodies by the time the tracks open again in Spring.

Matt

You got an E85 tune and factory headers over me. I'm sure that's worth more than a cat delete. :yes:

But I'll run you as is. It's all for fun anyway. :D

Enough with that factory header ****.  Thats like saying Fox 5.0's came with factory headers just because they are pipe rather than cast.  If the factory manifolds on the Coyote were all that great then we wouldnt see nearly the EXACT same gains swapping to Longtubes you L99/LS3 boys do would we?  You wanna play that game, you got 1.2 more Cubes than me, shouldn't that give you the advantage?  No?  

Ive also been on 93 for the last couple tanks and would be for any run you want to throw together.  MODS are JLT intake, Tune on 93 octane (you can even check my air fuel to make sure Im not fibbing lol) and a cobbled together 2.5" X pipe with resonators welded in and a 3" Corsa axle back.  Ill even show up on All Seasons rather than drag radials (tho if I got to the 1/4 ide LOVE to see what those drag radials are worth!).

If your down, let me know when so I can make sure Im available!  OR if you ever wanna roll out my way one evening, we could grab a bite to eat and have a fun run or two down the way from my house.

Matt

LOL here you go.

Exploder 5.0 factory "headers"

Explorer mani.jpg

2015 Mustang GT factory "headers".  Bet that big ole pinch in the #1 (first) pipe was designed to amplify the POWWAAAAAAH!!!!  And that big stupid canister thingy permanently attached to it does too.  

2015 manifold.jpg

:roflmao:

Matt

DAMN!  Im not sure Im man enough to field that callout but if I had the ability Ide be there in a heartbeat.  I been wanting to see that thing rolling around for a while now!  Maybe we need to turn this thread into a BIG wrenching throwdown for everyone who needs a hand getting things rolling again.  We would see JohnC's SS making progress, your Nova, hell, never know who else we could get to dust off the cobwebs and get to work on!

Matt

Raceall likes this

We're not talking about Exploders..

Now I'm pretty sure when Ford brought out the Coyote in 2011, they called those shorty headers in MM&FF magazine. They also mentioned you wouldn't make any more power with an after-market shorty over theirs. The 2015's are similar.

You forget I am a Mustang enthusiast, too? Again, I read that on MM&FF when they did the spread on the new Coyote.

My junk has iron logs (see the top logs). Definitely not a header. And I have big canisters. Two on each side. :yes:

1048sucs-09-o+2010-chevy-camaro-supercha

Hey, I bought Ford Racing 4.6L Mustang GT shorty headers back when they first came out and they did not look as good as your factory Coyote headers

svoshortyheaders.jpg

Side view of the Ford racing shorty 4.6L Header and yes Ford called them headers http://www.mre-books.com/sa82/sa82_9.html

Image below

http://www.mre-books.com/sa82/images/46perf49.gif

:winkgrin:

They called the Fox 5.0 headers too. And to be fair, there's been a lot of tests that show the factory LS manifolds to be really good compared against headers. But you sissys are argueing tiny points here. How about how much bigger JohnC's engine is? Or about how many more shifts Matt gets to make? Or about how slow you both are compared to my old Lincoln??? Oh Waa waaa waa... He's got a blower... That motor aint stock. WHO CARES!!!  Y'all race your slow ass junk and shut up before I shut you up!

Edited by Disney
Tino, Cody and 66sprint6 like this

I didnt forget you were a Ford fan before all this, Im just over hearing that I have headers when we talk about mods.  Thanks Disney, I too have seen that the LS manifolds arent all that bad either.  Make good turbo manifolds apparently but thats a different story.  Most new vehicles are REALLY efficient these days and for the records, Shorty headers were never worth much even back in the day.  Also, If you have cat deletes...and still have "two big canisters, one on each side :yes:" then you didnt do your cat delete right now did ya :no:

:roflmao:

We were at a track once, together, same day, same time, same lanes, SAME MODS but never put it together due to a wonky tune, a radiator that wasnt attached and a cold air intake that sucked...at sucking air LOL

Im ready, any time to hand out some hot, fresh, hand made shifts (save the manuals!!!).  I bake em daily, to and from work, store, you name it, so they are always ready and always fresh.  Hell Ill even give you 6 of em if we got a stretch long enough and Im feelin like going to jail over some internet **** talki...wait...wait a minute, no Im not.  Ill give you 2, maybe 3 and then Im gonna call it, not gonna use those skills in the clink  :lol:

Matt

Chris likes this

Those 4.6 shorty headers look an awful lot like your manifolds in design...

SORRY DISNEY I HAD TOO!!!!!!

Shutting up till races happen.  Come on down.

Matt

That's advanced tuning right there,  involving my left and right leg from what I've read.  I'll have to tweak on that another time!  Baby steps.

Matt

You wanna tune that manual, you bring it all to me.  Manual shift 101 is:  We'll play that hand slap game we called "burnout"; after a few days your blistered hands will begin to move faster.  We'll play basketball till you can dunk off your clutch leg.  And I'll fill your gas pedal shoe with lead to keep it floored the whole time.

66sprint6 likes this

6 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

DAMN!  Im not sure Im man enough to field that callout but if I had the ability Ide be there in a heartbeat.  I been wanting to see that thing rolling around for a while now!  Maybe we need to turn this thread into a BIG wrenching throwdown for everyone who needs a hand getting things rolling again.  We would see JohnC's SS making progress, your Nova, hell, never know who else we could get to dust off the cobwebs and get to work on!

Matt

It could be like Gas Monkey Internet Forum. hahahahaha

66sprint6 likes this

26 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Neat article.   John, give up now, you can't compete with that!   lol

The Coyote is a very well engineered engine. :yes:

If a 6.2L was built like the Coyote with direct injection, based on the new 5.0 at 460hp, it would be factory rated at nearly 600hp n/a!

66sprint6 likes this

"At 6 horsepower, its hard to justify, but we wanted to build the best 5.0 liter engine out there."  We are done here!  Its still factory.  NOT my fault that the extra 1.2 liters your rocking cant help you keep up with my little 5.0, factory headerfolds or not.  I bet...that I could toss on some F150 manifolds and the outcome would still be the same.

Moving on.

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Coyote is a very well engineered engine. :yes:

If a 6.2L was built like the Coyote with direct injection, based on the new 5.0 at 460hp, it would be factory rated at nearly 600hp n/a!

I agree with you on the efficiency front.  Gammey and I had that conversation at the Hill, 6.2 liter built to the standards of the Coyote...holy crap.  Then add boost??? HOOOOOOLLYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPmypants.

Still ready to run, any time we can manage, let me know.

Matt

This argument about headers is retarded.  Matt's car is fast because he's made 50+ passes in it at the track.  I saw it when it was going mid to low 8's and he didn't change much of anything to get it into the 7's other than driving.  It wasn't a set of headers or any other parts that did that for him.

Having a pile of parts on your car (or on the floor) or having big dyno numbers is no guarantee of going fast.  I took my V from 8.1 to 7.68 with tires, between round cooling and launch technique.

It's easy to get false confidence by buying parts, but realize that the track is a reality check.   Buying the parts is about 1/4 of the battle.  Putting them on is another 1/4.  Tuning and making it run the numbers is the other 1/2.

66sprint6 and Cody like this

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

This argument about headers is retarded.  Matt's car is fast because he's made 50+ passes in it at the track.  I saw it when it was going mid to low 8's and he didn't change much of anything to get it into the 7's other than driving.  It wasn't a set of headers or any other parts that did that for him.

Having a pile of parts on your car (or on the floor) or having big dyno numbers is no guarantee of going fast.  I took my V from 8.1 to 7.68 with tires, between round cooling and launch technique.

It's easy to get false confidence by buying parts, but realize that the track is a reality check.   Buying the parts is about 1/4 of the battle.  Putting them on is another 1/4.  Tuning and making it run the numbers is the other 1/2.

I named it callouts and trash talking for a reason... This **** isn't that serious..... :lol: 

13 hours ago, Ashley P said:

You wanna tune that manual, you bring it all to me.  Manual shift 101 is:  We'll play that hand slap game we called "burnout"; after a few days your blistered hands will begin to move faster.  We'll play basketball till you can dunk off your clutch leg.  And I'll fill your gas pedal shoe with lead to keep it floored the whole time.

My right hand is pretty quick, not sure if I could get it much quicker and not outrun my clutch foot.  I can already dunk off my clutch leg (who am I kidding, I USED to be able to...I might be able to once now if I tried real hard and not crap my pants).  I do, however, lift when I shift.  I quick shift rather than power shift and it STILL blows the back tires off on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.  Ive never been good at power shifting but if I end up getting my hands on some slicks I will have a reason (GRIP) to work on it!

Matt

Ashley P likes this

18 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

"At 6 horsepower, its hard to justify, but we wanted to build the best 5.0 liter engine out there."  We are done here!  Its still factory.  NOT my fault that the extra 1.2 liters your rocking cant help you keep up with my little 5.0, factory headerfolds or not.  I bet...that I could toss on some F150 manifolds and the outcome would still be the same.

Moving on.

I agree with you on the efficiency front.  Gammey and I had that conversation at the Hill, 6.2 liter built to the standards of the Coyote...holy crap.  Then add boost??? HOOOOOOLLYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPmypants.

Still ready to run, any time we can manage, let me know.

Matt

We already know how sucky a 4.6/5.0 is when it is a 2 cam 2 valve..... 260-ish HP. :yuck:

But I wouldn't trade the simplicity of the pushrod 6.2L for the complexity of the 5.0 DOHC. :no:

I want to have fun modding a n/a engine for now without putting $8k in ported stock heads with cams and valvetrain. :yes: 

Tino likes this

I dont disagree by any means, I LOVE pushrod simplicity...or at least that its simple enough for this simpleton to figure out LOL

I will disagree about trading it.  I love that I dont NEED $8K heads to be quick enough to have fun.  I dont need $2K headers, $3K exhausts, expensive assed cam swap (for the DOHC).  Toss some slicks on this car and give me some time to get used to them and Ill be rolling out.  I HATE how expensive parts are so Im glad I dont need much to have this much fun.  If I could muster another $2k or so, I would complete the Bolt-ons with Longtubes and a Cobra Jet intake and be WELL into the 11's, maybe quicker (not likely without some halfshafts lol) and still have a car that I drive to work every day, to Florida or Chicago to see family etc without worry.  Or double that and put a blower on it and make more power than I will ever need.  I do love that!

Matt

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I named it callouts and trash talking for a reason... This **** isn't that serious..... :lol: 

Sorry, I'm not real familiar with trash talking online.  I'll just go gap your junk in person at the track.

66sprint6 likes this