Blake D.

2013 SS L99 Tuning

Rate this topic:

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on these forums. I've been getting into tuning the GM Gen V based platform motors. I currently own a 2013 Camaro L99. I've also previously owned a 2015 Camaro SS 1LE that had headers, intake, cam, and 4.11 gears.

I really got interested in tuning and purchased HP Tuners and also books on tuning this platform specifically. I'm hoping to help share the knowledge I've learned over the past year with some and learn from those that are far more knowledgeable than myself to further my knowledge.

I've installed a CAI intake, and an air scope so far on this new build. In the tune I've disabled all torque management as well as lowered the delay and ramp rate of the Power Enrichment tables.

I've not yet dived into the transmission tune. I was wondering if anyone could share some tips on shift pressures, etc. I'll post something more specific in the proper forums after the introduction post.

 

Here's some pictures of my current build:

 

engine.jpgfront.jpgback.jpgcar.jpg

Good to meet you all and I'll see you in the tuning section :3gears::cool:

66sprint6, mstrpth and Cody like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple people on here that could help you with the tuning aspect, I know Gammey and Disney off hand, and there are a couple others as well but Im out of my league on this LS stuff.

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blake D.

If you look in my other thread, there is some trans tuning in there that @gammey4 helped me with. :up:

Or, just let me know if you want my tune and I'll upload it so you can copy over the trans tuning, and anything else you want.

Now, let me ask a Q.

Are you logging fuel pump duty cycle?

If so, how did you set it up?

My junk will not log it no matter what I try for some reason. :shrug:

It stays stuck at 99.6% DC all the time.

Google shows lots have had this issue, but I see no fix for it. :???:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 2:02 AM, JohnC said:

@Blake D.

If you look in my other thread, there is some trans tuning in there that @gammey4 helped me with. :up:

Or, just let me know if you want my tune and I'll upload it so you can copy over the trans tuning, and anything else you want.

Now, let me ask a Q.

Are you logging fuel pump duty cycle?

If so, how did you set it up?

My junk will not log it no matter what I try for some reason. :shrug:

It stays stuck at 99.6% DC all the time.

Google shows lots have had this issue, but I see no fix for it. :???:

I've not started logging fuel pump duty cycle. I did come across your thread about it on HP Tuner though. Did you ever get that resolved?

I'm not able to locate that specific thread about trans tuning, could you PM me the link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blake D. said:

I've not started logging fuel pump duty cycle. I did come across your thread about it on HP Tuner though. Did you ever get that resolved?

This is where I'm at with it now. Read bottom to top.

Fwiw... Got to load the Beta next to see if that resolves the problem.

Quote

Please try using the beta version of our software, available to download on your customer page.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Ticket History (HPT Client) Posted On: 05 January 2018 07:39 AM



Nothing shows up under FSCM…


See the screen shot…


(HPT Staff) Posted On: 04 January 2018 03:18 PM



I would recommend using the FSCM PID, same name just under the FSCM drop down

Corey Clayton
HP Tuners LLC
www.hptuners.com

(HPT Client) Posted On: 03 January 2018 12:49 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blake D. said:

I'm not able to locate that specific thread about trans tuning, could you PM me the link?

The trans tuning is all through this thread:

You'll have to read through it or just download my current tune and compare and copy over the changes.

flex_new.hpt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, JohnC said:

The trans tuning is all through this thread:

You'll have to read through it or just download my current tune and compare and copy over the changes.

flex_new.hpt

I appreciate the info. I'm not able to open the tune file, it's causing my HP Tuners to crash. I'm on 3.4.46 and have tried on two computers.

Which version was it saved on?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blake D. said:

I appreciate the info. I'm not able to open the tune file, it's causing my HP Tuners to crash. I'm on 3.4.46 and have tried on two computers.

Which version was it saved on?

 

You need to update to v3.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.