djoye

Murfreesboro Shell at Church and Middle Tennessee (93@2.79)

3 posts in this topic

I would typically avoid the Shell station at the corner of Church and Middle Tennessee (near a Mapco and SunTrust Bank) because the 93 prices were higher than other stations, this past week I noticed the lights out after dark, thought they might have closed. I needed to get gas today, decided to go by and check their price and found that 93 was 0.30 higher than 87, it was $2.79 whereas most stations I've seen are asking around 3.19; perhaps ownership changed recently.

Needless to say that I filled up, I didn't go in and ask, but I was wondering if it was still Shell gas; Shell labeling and documentation is still everywhere, so I'm guessing that ownership changed and they decided people weren't going to pay a premium for premium when other every other station within a few miles is selling 93 at a lower price.

Nice!  I havnt been running 93 in a while and was annoyed when I had to toss some in the GT in Gatlinburg, I think it was something like $3.50/60 up there!  Ive been running E85 most of the summer.

Matt

Spoke too soon, still $2.49 for 87, now 3.29 for 93, went to another Shell close by and paid $3.13. New management up to old management's tricks.