higherpowerracing

Project #whitetrash

Rate this topic:

199 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

You already know the LSx makes old Fox bodies faster. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do 429 Cobra Jets and 460s

66sprint6 likes this

LS1 made my Fox faster...because I wanted nothing more than to start beating them...and eventually it did.  It was gooooooood.  Im back doing it again in the new 5.0 too.  The 5.0 in the 66 might take a little more than Im throwing at it at the moment to keep up but its a cruiser...a light weight cruiser...shhhh no, its a cruiser.

Matt

3 hours ago, KNIGHT347 said:

So do 429 Cobra Jets and 460s

Which is cheaper?

A j/y 5.3L LSx truck motor with ebay turbo or a Cobra Jet? ;)

But if you hit the lotto and forgot to tell us, see the below. :love: 

2,000hp n/a?

http://jonkaaseracingengines.com/shop/engines/kaase-830-c-i-pro-stock-ford/

Or something milder but just as cool?

http://jonkaaseracingengines.com/shop/boss-nine-parts/custom-bulit-boss-nine/

http://jonkaaseracingengines.com/shop/engines/kaase-sohc-engines/

Similar to the combo I ran on one of the Lincolns back in the day except the heads were ported pretty heavily. I think I went 12.7's on motor with that and the 6 speed (shitty tall 1st gear). 

Hopefully you've got a 4.10 gear. I'd wager some 12.20 on motor with this combo given good tires, trans, and driver (me).

Edited by Disney
66sprint6 and Cody like this

Similar to the combo I ran on one of the Lincolns back in the day except the heads were ported pretty heavily. I think I went 12.7's on motor with that and the 6 speed (shitty tall 1st gear). 

Hopefully you've got a 4.10 gear. I'd wager some 12.20 on motor with this combo given good tires, trans, and driver (me).

Lol driver mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Disney likes this

1 hour ago, Disney said:

What did your Lincoln weigh?

23 minutes ago, higherpowerracing said:

Still lighter than your camaro lol

The 4,040 race weight is with my 220lb butt in the car, laptop, 3/4 tank of gas and some other junk. :yes:

I could get out of the car, take all the junk out, run it down to near empty and probably be around 3,650lbs or less.

But why?

I don't race without gas and driver. Plus, I always have stuff in the trunk. My duty belt for work, coat, bugout bag, etc.

A realistic (race) weight is with you in the car and whatever fuel level you average.

PS, let's race in street trim with street tires first. No DR's nor slicks and skinnies. ;)

Disney likes this

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What did your Lincoln weigh?

That one was the lightest of them all so far, ~3850 race weight.

JohnC likes this

The 4,040 race weight is with my 220lb butt in the car, laptop, 3/4 tank of gas and some other junk. :yes:

I could get out of the car, take all the junk out, run it down to near empty and probably be around 3,650lbs or less.

But why?

I don't race without gas and driver. Plus, I always have stuff in the trunk. My duty belt for work, coat, bugout bag, etc.

A realistic (race) weight is with you in the car and whatever fuel level you average.

PS, let's race in street trim with street tires first. No DR's nor slicks and skinnies.

Ok.

Disney and 66sprint6 like this

But why?

PS, let's race in street trim with street tires first. No DR's nor slicks and skinnies.

So how much do you want to put on this race?

Ashley P likes this

23 minutes ago, higherpowerracing said:

So how much do you want to put on this race?

How about a Happy Meal from McDonald's?

QualityFood_KidsFrd_HappyMeal_531x300.jp

66sprint6 likes this

1 minute ago, higherpowerracing said:

Dang I thought you were all on that LS koolaide

My junk isn't ready to race yet. It's a CAI, cat delete, and catback away from stock. Doesn't even have headers yet. :)

New mods are sitting in boxes waiting for me to find the time and place to be installed.

My junk isn't ready to race yet. It's a CAI, cat delete, and catback away from stock. Doesn't even have headers yet.

New mods are sitting in boxes waiting for me to find the time and place to be installed.

But you have a bigger motor and it's the almighty Ls

mstrpth and JRANGER like this

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

My junk isn't ready to race yet. It's a CAI, cat delete, and catback away from stock. Doesn't even have headers yet. :)

after all that money spent, I'd be taking a day off work laying in my driveway :up: 

66sprint6, Cody and JohnC like this

15 hours ago, higherpowerracing said:

But you have a bigger motor and it's the almighty Ls

I got a race for you, but this is not the time. :)

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why don't you guys race to see who can get their car done first?  John get's his parts on vs. Joey get's his driving.  That will be beneficial for both of you and a bigger feat than either of you are estimating.

He knows he really doesn't want any of the almighty LS3, crafted by the hand of God. ;)

02-gm-performance-parts-ls3-102946149.jp