JohnC

Catalina Wine Mixer Track Rental

44 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm starting to get worried.  Only 3 weeks left and nothing but crickets from the other 34 people that said they were going but haven't paid.  If I was making money off this I might fight a little more to get people to go, but I've had a rough couple weeks.  I might be refunding money soon.

Before you give up, open it up to DR's and street tires?

Have 1/2 the day slicks only and the other half DR's and street tires?

Have everyone bring a gallon or two of track bite as well? http://www.jegs.com/p/PJ1/PJ1-Track-Bite/749307/10002/-1

Just shooting out ideas. :shrug:

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Have everyone bring a gallon or two of track bite as well? http://www.jegs.com/p/PJ1/PJ1-Track-Bite/749307/10002/-1

Just shooting out ideas. :shrug:

It's not the tires that's preventing anyone from signing up.  It's probably mostly because it's on a Monday.  Also three of the people have blown their motors up.

Everyone would be pissed if I charged them $150 and they only got half a day of track time.  We can buy track prep from the track for roughly $50/gallon for the good VP stuff.

And mostly I don't have it in me to fight this right now.  My grandmother died last weekend and after the last couple weeks of watching her go down and the funeral, I'm just mentally drained.

Damn man I hate to hear about your Grandmother, we will be praying for you and your family for sure :o/

I wish I could step up and take a spot on the list but I just cant make it happen.  I could probably come up with some slicks before then but I cant get around getting the day off.  I hope you have enough people step up to at least make a day of it!!!

Matt

We are almost there. 16 people have paid. One or two non facebookers are going to pay me in person. HIgherpowerracing says he has three people if he gets his car done. That puts us at 20-21 which makes this a sure thing.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

We are almost there. 16 people have paid. One or two non facebookers are going to pay me in person. HIgherpowerracing says he has three people if he gets his car done. That puts us at 20-21 which makes this a sure thing.

YES!!! :hyper:

Now who's going to help me mod my junk to make it to race day? :shiftyeyes:

Tino likes this

On 10/12/2017 at 3:41 PM, JohnC said:

Wait.. WUT?  I was bringing DR's. I may back out if it's non-DR / Slicks only. Aint got no slicks.

19 minutes ago, Disney said:

Wait.. WUT?  I was bringing DR's. I may back out if it's non-DR / Slicks only. Aint got no slicks.

Sold my slicks and skinnies to 10secL years ago. :)

46 minutes ago, Disney said:

It's always been open to drag radials.  Anything but a hard, track stripping, street tire.

JohnC and Disney like this

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

YES!!! :hyper:

Now who's going to help me mod my junk to make it to race day? :shiftyeyes:

My driveway and tools are at your disposal.  Hell, you can even leave it there till your done.  The GT will even give up its parking spot and motivate it to embrace the quickness and get back running again!

Matt

Tino and JohnC like this

My driveway and tools are at your disposal.  Hell, you can even leave it there till your done.  The GT will even give up its parking spot and motivate it to embrace the quickness and get back running again!

Matt

I might take you up on that!

Will let you know asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk