NukeWorker

The Bootlegger

Rate this topic:

80 posts in this topic

Just Dashes wants $1400 now?  I priced a GTO dash many years ago and almost fell over when they said $1000.  They need some competition...

51 minutes ago, NukeWorker said:

Too many wires for a bulkhead on the XFI harness.  I have a couple 22pin weatherpack bulkheads but think I would need 2 of them.  I still have my old suspect xfi harness for a donor.  Also turns out they use Honda ecu plugs (could junkyard plugs and pins then)

You can buy them new too.  Here's enough to do 2 XFI harnesses for about $25.

https://turbobuick.com/attachments/img_1075-jpg.320672/

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

You can buy them new too.  Here's enough to do 2 XFI harnesses for about $25.

https://turbobuick.com/attachments/img_1075-jpg.320672/

No worky....need to log in?

Disney,

I did want a modular underhood solution to the harness but needing a couple bulkheads and just trying to keep things clean will keep me in grommet space.  FAST provides a huge grommet so you can pass connectors through the firewalls hole.

Wideband will be routed down through the floor with the trans wiring (reverse lockout, vss, backup switch) and mounted behind the collector.

I am using a grommet and a metripack connector for the front chassis wiring to make that all easier to deal with but routed through cowl/firewall with grommets.

Rear wiring will likely be all one piece to fuse panel.  Would split it but don't see it coming out very often and would have to split speaker wiring which I am not a fan of doing.

Still need to source a couple wiring connectors or just buy new pins and reuse housings for wiper switch and wiper motor.  I need switches and connectors for windows and locks (have the door component pigtails)

Just pulling and bundling wire for now.  Trying to find routing and to locate all the electronics.