Mike

Beech Bend Track rental in November

16 posts in this topic

Ok, it's time to start considering a track rental at BG for the fall.  I'm not aware of anyone else putting one together.  So, if I want to go to one looks like I'll have to set it up.

If you haven't been to one, it's a very relaxing way to go to the track.  Setup wherever you like, usually as close as possible to the water box.  Make a pass whenever you like.  You could make 100 passes if you want.  Their is usually a break for lunch for the crew.  We can have pizza's delivered or something.  

It will likely have to be a weekday.  Either Friday or Monday.  It will  be limited to 20-30 cars.  Both lanes, prepped twice during the day.  I think the time is usually 8-4.  Cost might be as much as $200 each, but that depends on how many cars we allow.  

Who's in?

JohnC likes this

Posting my thoughts here....

You'd need to allow street tires for me to make it.

I don't have slicks nor DR's and it's just not in my budget right now to buy rims and tires to race for a few hours one day.

For me, $200 is hard to justify when I can race on a street night for $15.

I get that the track rental costs a lot, but if you can pre-sale a set number of tickets to bring down the cost, I and other probably be able to make it.

^ If you can't pony up $200 for nearly unlimited 1/4 mile action, but CAN afford a practically new car and mods....priorities?  :D 

I think I can get my bicycle fixed by then.  What's entry on that?

18 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

^ If you can't pony up $200 for nearly unlimited 1/4 mile action, but CAN afford a practically new car and mods....priorities?  :D 

I think I can get my bicycle fixed by then.  What's entry on that?

Um... you still owe me for trailering the TA to Tennesspeed Day.  We may have to thrash on the Nova and get it ready. LOL

Oh wait, both of our wives have due dates in November.  I can see that going terribly awry. LOL

Ashley P and JohnC like this

I enjoyed the Tennesspeed day that I attended way back when and would love to do something similar again for sure!  I cant swing $200 right now to make a bunch of low 12 passes tho with the little one on its way.  Especially when I could toss that money towards tires.  If enough people can join to make the price easier to swallow AND its a weekday after the 20th of the month, Ide be down for sure!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

I talked to Dallas at Beech Bend this morning and got all the details.  I'm pretty sure I can make this happen.  I'm still considering how many cars to allow, but price might be closer to $150.

I'm sorry, but for this I'm going to stick to radials or slicks, which means a lower number of people and in turn a higher price.

The purpose of this is to get a day at the track in the coolest weather possible with great track prep.  Any regular Beech Bend test and tune day on Saturday in November will have 150 cars there.  The track prep will be good for about 2 hours and then go downhill all day.  If you are looking for your personal best, it won't happen at a regular test and tune in November.  Not to mention in the fall, you might be lucky to get 5 passes on a regular track day.

So, allowing only slicks and radials.  It's no secret that street tires tear up the rubber when they spin.  I'm offering this to guys looking for records (personal or whatever).  That means people want great traction.  Track prep unicorn piss is $14/gallon.  Think how many gallons goes out each time that tractor makes it's rounds.  Two rounds of prep are included in the price.  Extra costs the $14/gallon.

I think I'll be lucky to get 30 cars.  There are no open weekends left at Beech Bend, so this has to be a weekday.  Last year, I went to a rental just like this and we only got 27 cars.  But those 27 cars had $200 each invested and were dedicated to going fast.  Nobody showed up with oil leaks or blowing coolant hoses.  It was an exceptional day of passes.  Guys broke records all day.  With only 27 cars, the price is going to be high.  No way around it.

Cody, JohnC and Ashley P like this

If I can pull this off without going in the hole, I may try a any tire goes rental next spring.  But unless I turn it into a big marketing campaign to get the word out, it might still be approaching $100 per car.

We barely had 40 cars at the MCCM event this weekend at the Hill.  The weather was great and it was on a weekend.  You just don't get as many people to show up at a local "street" car type thing.

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Raceall said:

Oh wait, both of our wives have due dates in November.  I can see that going terribly awry. LOL

What?  #6 for the P's?  You know what causes this don't you?  :D

1 hour ago, Mike said:

What?  #6 for the P's?  You know what causes this don't you?  :D

I was asked that the other day by a fellow hotrodder.  I said "YES, and it's a LOT more fun than building an engine."   :D 

Raceall likes this

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I talked to Dallas at Beech Bend this morning and got all the details.  I'm pretty sure I can make this happen.  I'm still considering how many cars to allow, but price might be closer to $150.

I'm sorry, but for this I'm going to stick to radials or slicks, which means a lower number of people and in turn a higher price.

The purpose of this is to get a day at the track in the coolest weather possible with great track prep.  Any regular Beech Bend test and tune day on Saturday in November will have 150 cars there.  The track prep will be good for about 2 hours and then go downhill all day.  If you are looking for your personal best, it won't happen at a regular test and tune in November.  Not to mention in the fall, you might be lucky to get 5 passes on a regular track day.

So, allowing only slicks and radials.  It's no secret that street tires tear up the rubber when they spin.  I'm offering this to guys looking for records (personal or whatever).  That means people want great traction.  Track prep unicorn piss is $14/gallon.  Think how many gallons goes out each time that tractor makes it's rounds.  Two rounds of prep are included in the price.  Extra costs the $14/gallon.

I think I'll be lucky to get 30 cars.  There are no open weekends left at Beech Bend, so this has to be a weekday.  Last year, I went to a rental just like this and we only got 27 cars.  But those 27 cars had $200 each invested and were dedicated to going fast.  Nobody showed up with oil leaks or blowing coolant hoses.  It was an exceptional day of passes.  Guys broke records all day.  With only 27 cars, the price is going to be high.  No way around it.

I get what y'all are trying to do. :yes:

I'd love to go because I'd love a hero 12.99 pass. :embarrassed:

But I'm slow and I doubt I'll be able to scrape up $200 + rims with slicks.

Besides, I'm trying to save for heads and cam. :love:

So that said, I can't commit yet.

I think you'll get your 20 cars at least with how your advertising it. :up:

It will need to be a cold day in hell before I get my stock junk to the track, a cold day on Earth would probably also work; I forgot how bad these stock intercoolers are in the heat.

I'll go if Disney tows me.

Disney and 66sprint6 like this

If the price drops closer to $100 (which is already is) and its a day I can get off work then Ide be down.  I already have those Nittos I could run on OR I could try to get some ET Street R's by then.  I would be the slowest person out but Ide be breaking personal records and having fun doin it!!!!  If I cant make it happen, Ill just have to hit the Hill whenever I can to try and see what Im made of.

JohnC, if you can come up with some cheap 17's you could use these Nitto's if I have the ET Streets by then and still have them.

Matt

19 hours ago, djoye said:

It will need to be a cold day in hell before I get my stock junk to the track, a cold day on Earth would probably also work; I forgot how bad these stock intercoolers are in the heat.

I'll go if Disney tows me.

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

If the price drops closer to $100 (which is already is) and its a day I can get off work then Ide be down.  I already have those Nittos I could run on OR I could try to get some ET Street R's by then.  I would be the slowest person out but Ide be breaking personal records and having fun doin it!!!!  If I cant make it happen, Ill just have to hit the Hill whenever I can to try and see what Im made of.

JohnC, if you can come up with some cheap 17's you could use these Nitto's if I have the ET Streets by then and still have them.

Matt

No, If I tow David J up there, he'd be the slowest.

66sprint6 likes this