Ashley P

Express Success

Rate this topic:

34 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Disney said:

If it doesn't have a man pedal, this whole deal is bust.

Fighting fire with fire.  I'll give you credit for that.

(I was looking at Suburbans, they didn't come with a manual.  But I was considering a pickup pedal swap to go 5 speed to ditch the TURDY 4l60e  But the 'burb sold too high.)

Thanks for the help guys.  I've gotta get title in hand before I move on this, but I think I've got the pieces lined up to make it work.

John C, keep it quite, but I'm going turbo grind and twin 76mm.   Nobody will expect the 1 ton van full of kids will smoke their ______.   I plan to streetrace for 6 months then retire.

I've got some spare parts, tsp 224r cam, PAC 1218 springs, Garrett turbo and a transgo hd2. Tell the kids to move to the back on launch.

Tino, Ashley P, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

Van paid for, hauled home, driven around the field.  Oil pressure bottoms randomly, up a bumpy hill especially.  Maybe it's 3 quarts low...maybe I should at least pull the dipstick.  lol

Any tips on removing huge decals/stickers from paint?   

Edited by Ashley P

^ I'll give you $10.   You come here.  After you're done, and the paint isn't damaged, you get to unload as many rounds as you want.

Tino likes this

23 hours ago, Tino said:

Tip- Pay someone to remove them

10 hours ago, Disney said:

Heat gun, Spray Nine, That pee yellow cleaner from Dollar General, Razor blade.

Ha!  You're both wrong!   I came home to a clean white van.   The WIFE (6 months el preggo) had pulled off EVERY sticker.  Kids washed it afterward.  The $500 van looks $3500 now.

And I added two quarts of oil, that helped the pressure.  It's runs terrible when brake torqued, getting insurance on it soon to start test driving it.  Figure it's gonna need cap/rotor, then drive the fire out of it to see what it does.  Trans fluid is more brown than red, smells slightly burnt.  That might need more attention than the engine.

66sprint6, Raceall and Tino like this