Disney

Reba gets some makeup

Rate this topic:

15 posts in this topic

So I ended up getting Matt's Red Coupe he called Reba. I love the car as-is, but there's some things I'd like to do to it for my own satisfaction, plus I think they would make it more marketable when I sell it (hopefully back to Matt). 

Fist up was the paint. It's been forced to sit outside the last couple of years and the paint took a beating as a result. After seeing @66sprint6 polish work and I followed some link about single stage restoration I thought I'd give it a swirl myself. We'll call it Operation:Stage 1. So to that end I ordered up a bunch of crap to follow the steps that guy on autogeek took to bring back that single stage to a show car finish. a bunch of microfiber, Meguiars #7 and some carnuba wax. 

Also ordered today Operation: Stage 2, also known as Speedo cable. PATC has a sale right now and I got the cable for $45. Can't beat that!. Can't wait to see how fast i'm going!!!!

Anyways, this post aint got much going on, but i'll get some pictures up when all this stuff comes in and I get to polishing the old girl up.

20170513_105650.jpg

66sprint6, JohnC, Cody and 2 others like this

57 minutes ago, Disney said:

You and me both! I bet it will turn out pretty nice. Looking forward to getting it up to the Hill or US43 soon!

You go to the hill, let us know! I'll be there if its my off day! :up:

Posted (edited)

I can't help but think that car care products are like weight loss products. You feel like if you spend enough money it's going to work no matter what. Like just buying this crap I can sit it on the car and it will be all shiny again. Same as buying that treadmill and hanging clothes on it.

Edited by Disney
JohnC, Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Technically...all you have to do with #7 is squirt it all over the car and walk away.  Its kinda like special sauce.

THEN you do kinda have to rub like hell to get it off

....Im gonna leave that one alone teheeteeheeheee

Matt

mstrpth and Disney like this

So I ended up getting Matt's Red Coupe he called Reba. I love the car as-is, but there's some things I'd like to do to it for my own satisfaction, plus I think they would make it more marketable when I sell it (hopefully back to Matt). 

Fist up was the paint. It's been forced to sit outside the last couple of years and the paint took a beating as a result. After seeing @66sprint6 polish work and I followed some link about single stage restoration I thought I'd give it a swirl myself. We'll call it Operation:Stage 1. So to that end I ordered up a bunch of crap to follow the steps that guy on autogeek took to bring back that single stage to a show car finish. a bunch of microfiber, Meguiars #7 and some carnuba wax. 

Also ordered today Operation: Stage 2, also known as Speedo cable. PATC has a sale right now and I got the cable for $45. Can't beat that!. Can't wait to see how fast i'm going!!!!

Anyways, this post aint got much going on, but i'll get some pictures up when all this stuff comes in and I get to polishing the old girl up.

20170513_105650.jpg

If you wanna sell it i know a guy lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

On 6/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, Cody said:

If you wanna sell it i know a guy lol

I do. That guy needs to buy it before I start sinking money into it and it goes up exponentially. 

Pm me a price and some info on it. He's on his honeymoon right now but I'll get it to him

Posted (edited)

I'll lay it out there right now. $12,000 obo as-is.

1992 Coupe original paint and black interior

L33 - Aluminum 5.3 (Like Barry ran last year)

Big cam, Springs etc.

Ported heads

LT headers

Build PG with TB

Tubular k

Tubular front arms, LCA and UCA's

SN95 front and rear

Superior axles, C-clim elims.

Edited by Disney
JohnC likes this

Nevermind, he's backwards and doesn't want a ls swap. Only wants Ford's with Ford's lol

Just now, Cody said:

Nevermind, he's backwards and doesn't want a ls swap. Only wants Ford's with Ford's lol

Weak. I remember when I was a bitch.

Cody and JohnC like this

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Disney said:

I'll lay it out there right now. $12,000 obo as-is.

1992 Coupe original paint and black interior

L33 - Aluminum 5.3 (Like Barry ran last year)

Big cam, Springs etc.

Ported heads

LT headers

Build PG with TB

Tubular k

Tubular front arms, LCA and UCA's

SN95 front and rear

Superior axles, C-clim elims.

needs more turbo

On 6/5/2017 at 5:30 PM, Disney said:

Weak. I remember when I was a bitch.

I remember when I was resistant to LSx powa.

If you can't beat'um, join'um. :love:

Disney likes this