JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

202 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cody said:

1500 You could send your heads to get ported and make more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What about the Trick Flows? Worth it?

Anything with the right threads will work.  It doesn't matter much other than that and stainless.

As for heads/cam.  Watch this and the following 2 videos.  Episodes 8,9&10.  Brian Tooley has a wealth of knowledge on what works to go fast.  That's why I say to call him and buy a package, not just random parts.  I wish I had known I would spend money on heads, I would have just sent mine to him.  He thinks ls3 heads are too big as is on a 5th gen.  

Ashley P, JohnC and Cody like this

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's why I say to call him and buy a package, not just random parts.

What?  Sure, with forethought and study you can go fast.  But with random parts you MIGHT go...faster.  (Says the sarcastic optimist.)

LS heads too big...after looking at the 243s and knowing they fit a 5.3L, and knowing what Pontiac heads look like that fit my 455;  good night the LS world has potential!

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

Ok, been gone for the weekend, is it on yet?

Matt

Nope. Not had a day off yet. :(

I got 1 coming up, but the wife claimed it.

I'll have it done before @Mike's track day though. Even if I have to pay someone to install it.

66sprint6 likes this

Btw, ordered the off road pipes, too. :hyper:

I'll be able to swap back and forth for <cough> race day <cough> :D

Now on to DoD delete with cam and valve train. :yes:

Heads have to come off for DoD lifter replacement.  Are you aware the manifolds/headers would have to come off to do that?

33 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Heads have to come off for DoD lifter replacement.  Are you aware the manifolds/headers would have to come off to do that?

Yup. That's why this payday I'm going to try and order the cam and all. Hope to get it wrapped up and tuned before race day. :yes:

I'll definitely have to farm out the DoD delete and cam work. I don't have the time to do it before race day. :no:

Tino likes this

3 minutes ago, Disney said:

They make some really nice stuff.

Indeed. :hyper:

I hardly have time to research this stuff, but so far Texas Speed and BTR are at the top of the list.

What would you choose? :D

Yes, as their leader of development.  If you listen to the videos I linked he explains how he had two dyno's and summit's warehouse of parts to choose from for testing.  That combined with 20 years of owning Total Engine Airflow and now BTR I think he is the most knowledgeable guy in the heads/cam business that sells to the public.

Cody likes this