JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

267 posts in this topic

Yuck.  I hate vague promises to "check and see" or "they SHOULD be done" on parts, especially with as much money as you have thrown at em!!!  Hope they give you a straight answer and that the parts get to you quick!

Matt

JohnC likes this

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yuck.  I hate vague promises to "check and see" or "they SHOULD be done" on parts, especially with as much money as you have thrown at em!!!  Hope they give you a straight answer and that the parts get to you quick!

Matt

Yup, I'm getting tired of waiting! Ready to get the exhaust done!

66sprint6 likes this

57 minutes ago, Disney said:

Wow...   I hope you saved at least $500 for dealing with this ****.

Doing the math, I got free shipping, no extra cost for custom stepped headers, two extra O2 bungs for widebands on header collectors at no extra cost and free Calico Ceramic Coating- CT-23 CoolKrome on the headers.

I got it all slightly less than what retail is on the standard sertup https://www.kooksheaders.com/2010-2014-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1-7-8-long-tube-headers-and-3-catted-exhaust-system-6-2l.html

Got the full Catback (true 3in for LT's) today.

Headers show they're at the coater (Calico).

24d3d3d141860baaece9576ded923552.jpg

c8f74a8cabaa39e6383f3a6086d9c56d.jpg

0db3b7617b631f7f4ad6813141035cac.jpg

For future reference:

Ordered my headers on Thursday 18 May, 2017 and it shows at the coater (Calico).

Ordered the rest of the Kooks exhaust on Tuesday 20 June, 2017 and I received it today 09/12/2017.

More pics later when I get time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tino, Cody and mstrpth like this

3 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

looks really good

Thanks! :up:

I'm going to order the catless section for umm off road racing, too. Will swap it on and off as needed. Like once a year. :dunno:

Cody likes this

10 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

I look forward to hearing it. I see you about once a week getting on I40

This car makes me drive like an ass sporty.... :love:

I passed a co-worker and he had his window down a few inches. He said when I floored it, he thought I blew his ear drums out. :lol: 

It's quiet at idle and light throttle, but get on it and it's loud as crap! It's perfect really.

I actually really like the sound of the Corsa mufflers on the LSx, but they did not have a true full 3in exhaust to match up with the Kooks LT's. :(

Just got the price of the off road (catless) section for this setup. Kooks says $400.00. Dangit their stuff is pricey! :lol:

Maybe I ought to mod these cats. :shiftyeyes:

You will gain what by ditching the high flow cats?  Toss that $400 somewhere else man sheesh!  OR, if your dead set on it, have someone make em for you, its just a coupe bends and could likely be done muuuuuuch cheaper!

Matt 

12 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

You will gain what by ditching the high flow cats? 

Matt 

Sound man. You should hear the difference of this car with and without cats. :hyper:

AH...gotcha.  Well, get out the screw driver and get to work!  Then you dont have to deal with rolling around changing it out whenever you can or feel like it and you dont have to toss even more cash at the exhaust!

Matt

JohnC likes this

They only need to "see" the cats (hell on our GT's they cant even do that hardly) which is why I wouldnt fool with a seperate catless set of pipes and would hog out the high flows if he was dead set on going catless.  If they plug in and the ECU says everything is happy then Marta is happy.

Matt

JohnC likes this