JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

932 posts in this topic

Example of how far my Wideband swings on Bank 2.

55c28fd1b753d575da6e35e1209c9db3.jpg

Look how much leaner it swings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is your catch can routed again? And do you want to meet up on the 19th?

17 hours ago, gammey4 said:

How is your catch can routed again? And do you want to meet up on the 19th?

-12an off the passengers side valve cover oil fill cap > vented MM catch can > behind tb on intake.

Drivers side valve cover pcv to ProCharger air filter.

Lifter cover pcv is capped off. 

We can still meet up.

What time?

Shoot me your address again in PM. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

-12an off the passengers side valve cover oil fill cap > vented MM catch can > behind tb on intake.

Dumb question, wouldn't that introduce a vac leak/pressurized the crank case/bleed boost?

Not sure if it has the same layout as a 5.0 HO, the line from the TB to the oil fill is number one cause of crank case pressure unless you remove it.

13 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Dumb question, wouldn't that introduce a vac leak/pressurized the crank case/bleed boost?

No. :no: 

The filter on top the catch can under vacuum is shut and when the crankcase sees pressure, it allows it to vent.

Think of it like a blow-off valve for the crankcase.

The PCV can is the max effort bells and whistles fix for people who want a PCV system and high HP.

Clean air still comes into the crankcase to filter out particles/fumes/moisture during regular driving and is constantly scavenged back out by intake manifold vac (just like stock).

We block boost from entering the can / engine, we catch the oil before it is consumed, we relieve any crankcase pressure created from high HP, and we recirculate very little of these fumes during full load, so  the engine can make power with as much clean fresh air as possible.  Because of the special configuration; we are no longer 'restricted' by the factory system, and can connect to the crankcase with full-flow or multiple fittings to accommodate high hp.  This is the can assembly you will find in my 'WILD' complete kits.

Mine is basically setup like this, but the drivers side goes to the ProCharger air filter, not the CAI pipe in front of the TB.

Make sense?

Camaro 5 Wild

https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/product-page/camaro-5-wild