JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

808 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Mine never show ready because I don’t have rear 02’s.  I've never seen all the monitors ready.  I still pass.

8 hours ago, Disney said:

Last time I went with an OBD2 car I had rear O2s off in tune and "Not Readied" and "Not existant" and it passed.

Last time I scanned for DTC's, this is what showed up...

CODES.jpg

The ST and GT both failed WITH rear 02's but they werent readied in the tune.  For the ST I had the tune changed and a CEL popped up.  A 90* spark plug defouler on the rear O2 fixed that.  On the GT I just had Lund send me a tune with them readied and it passed no problem.  

Matt

I was probably being a little too careful when I was trying to thread those O2's in because I didn't want to strip out an O2 bung in an expensive set of signature series Jet Hot Coated Kooks LT's. :no:

About to crawl under the SS again and see if I can thread them in.

Car is back under the knife....

Tim King built 1,000hp 6L90

DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft

DS loop

Earls oil cooler setup, etc...

New rear main seal, rear main cover gasket and valve cover gasket.

Got Michael Johnson helping gt it done. :yes: 

Tino likes this

2 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Any if that gonna clear up your codes or will you need to pick back up with that once it's all done?

Matt

Not sure...

I'm thinking a slight exhaust leak down stream where the PS cat pipe hooked up is the issue. 

He's swapping the catless pipes back on, so I'll know when I get it back.  :yes: 

When this is all done, I have a few things left to do.

I think I'm going to buy an intake that will clear the valley cover enough that I can weld in a -12an fitting and run my Mighty Mouse catch can from there and pull the suction from the pcv hose that goes to the ProCharger air filter.

Something like this:

No photo description available.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-7597-tsp-ls3-sheet-metal-intake-manifold-with-billet-cnc-runners-with-step-for-fire-wall-clearance.aspx

Because the way my Mighty Mouse can is setup now, it works to relieve the crankcase pressure, but it does not collect any oil / moisture. 

The Mishitmoto can that runs from the valley cover to behind TB on intake is collecting oil / moisture. 

Then, I want to do a Detchwerks DW400 5th Gen in-tank pump. If I do that, I might as well go ahead and do solid cradle mounts. :yes: 

https://www.deatschwerks.com/5th-gen-camaro-dw400-pump-module

https://www.phastekperformance.com/DeatscheWerks-DW400-Fuel-Pump-Module-p/dw-9-403-7001.htm

https://www.phastekperformance.com/Hendrix-2010-Camaro-Rear-Cradle-Bushings-PED-R-CB1-p/pegasus-crad-bushing-ped-r-cb1.htm

Ran in to a snag....

CTSV 6L90 tail housing has the cross member mount bolt holes farther back than a ZL1 6L90.

He’s now got to fab up a mount to make it work.

c9b75f8ca2919c43c99c98960dad3936.jpg

ccc6d0e5f13e324b1f78164f5ba43b38.jpg

af49b75a06ae28d863a04f0bb0aae8d7.jpg

4cd9dbe62251f5968b4b5a71d57fcdf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you swap the tail house off your stock 6l80?

Not sure, but then I’d also have a $1,000.00 custom DSS Driveshaft that wouldn’t fit.

Now I’m not even sure if the driveshaft safety loop will fit with the CTSV tail being that much farther rearward either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Tino said:

Are you making demon owners cry yet :crying:?

At the rate this is going, race season will be half over by the time it gets done.

Running in to time consuming and expensive snags along the way.

Dude has to fab a trans mount from scratch.

Then after all this, I got to find a tuner that I can get dyno time with who can actually tune a GM 6L90 right, which only a few can actually do it right.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, Mike said:

Can you swap the tail house off your stock 6l80?

How would that swap affect a driveshaft?

6 hours ago, Ashley P said:

How would that swap affect a driveshaft?

The Camaro SS 6L80 takes a longer shaft than the CTSV 6L90 with a stock 2010 Camaro SS differential.

Tail shaft or driveshaft? The suggestion was to replace the CTSV Tail/output shaft with a Camaro one. If the trans are overall the same length, then it's likely the same output shaft and just the tailshaft housing would need ot be changed.

Ashley P likes this

11 minutes ago, Disney said:

Tail shaft or driveshaft? The suggestion was to replace the CTSV Tail/output shaft with a Camaro one. If the trans are overall the same length, then it's likely the same output shaft and just the tailshaft housing would need ot be changed.

I have no clue if that section is interchangeable.

I do know I already spent $1000.00 on a driveshaft to fit this setup, so it's just cheaper to fab the mount at this point than change all that stuff and be stuck with a $1,000.00 custom driveshaft that I probably couldn't get rid of since a swap like this is pretty rare.