JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

108 posts in this topic

Got an email back from Maryland Speed.

He finally got in touch with Kooks and had the 2nd AFR bung added to the passengers side header for the 2nd AFR sensor. :w00t:

But he said he still has not got a production date for the headers yet, so we're a long way off from seeing them on my doorstep. :meh:

They have to go in to production at Kooks, from there they go to the ceramic coater, back to Maryland Speed and then get shipped to me.

Sucks, but it'll be worth the wait. :yes:

I had a moment of weakness, my OCD kicked in. I had to have a complete 3in exhaust with X Pipe, so I ordered the Kooks setup that connects to my headers all the way to the tips.

So I'l have a full 3in exhaust with 4in tips, all by Kooks. https://www.kooksheaders.com/2010-2014-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1-7-8-long-tube-headers-and-3-catted-exhaust-system-6-2l.html

The Corsa catback will be up for sale when I get all the Kooks stuff in and installed.

@Tino I think I'll be needing your help! :love:

Kooks.jpg

With headers will look close to this:

Kooks_1.jpg

Unlike most catbacks that connect to the factory cat connection point, this system is designed to connect directly to your Kooks headers replacing the stock catback connection pipe with full 3" piping. It includes Kooks High Flow Race cats, a siamesed X-pipe, and Kooks race mufflers for an aggressive sound. Finishing off the look is 4" polished, double wall stainless tips. The entire system is fabricated from TIG welded, aircraft grade 304 stainless steel in Statesville, North Carolina!

Tino likes this

24 minutes ago, Tino said:

Just say when

Will do. :up:

Headers are all custom built with custom ceramic coating, so it'll be a while.

Order is in with Kooks, so just waiting for them to go in to production. Then off to the ceramic coater from Kooks. Then boxed back up and shipped to me.

Bet it'll be another month or more.

Got my cat delete pipes today.

These will hold me over until my full Kooks exhaust, that I'm thinking will take another couple months or more to ship, comes in.

Got these for a temporary thing so I could go ahead and use the AEM wide bands to tune with for now.

f47e0a456c3cabc9c412ce0c303d8e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tino likes this

Temp BBK o/r pipes on. Not tuned yet.

Crappy clip. Car was running a tad weird.

Guess the pcm need to relearn idle because it stalled on me once when backing out of the driveway.

mstrpth likes this

Video makes it sound like crap. It's better in person, trust me. :yes:

I really like it. quiet when you cruise, part throttle it starts to sound mean, and WOT, look the heck out! It's crazy loud! Way louder than the GT was and it had headers. :stare:

Test drive un-tuned after intake swap from @gammey4 house

When I lift throttle all the way, it goes lean. I assume that's what it's supposed to do. :yes:

That's dfco, it's supposed to do that.

JohnC likes this

So I updated my HP Tuners to the latest version and now it's asking me for credits to write my edited tune file.

WTF?

Then, I followed AEM's video exactly to setup the widebands. It will only find 1 of 2.

After I setup the 1, nothing else shows up when connected and logging but that 1 sensor.

What gives?

Two wideband gauges, wow its gotta look like a circus at night!  How long till you have the tune sorted out and your out making "baseline" hits at the track???

Matt

Matt, when my lawn mower sounds lean, I pull the choke until it sounds fat, then back it off a smidge.   Me = EMP resistant. :D 

So I updated my HP Tuners to the latest version and now it's asking me for credits to write my edited tune file.

WTF?

Then, I followed AEM's video exactly to setup the widebands. It will only find 1 of 2.

After I setup the 1, nothing else shows up when connected and logging but that 1 sensor.

What gives?

They added the ability to tune the fscm to your tune. When you click write calibration you should see three modules now, one for the ecm, transmission and fscm. Just click the drop down menu next to it and select "do not write" if you don't want to license that. It's one credit if you want to add it.

JohnC likes this

6 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

They added the ability to tune the fscm to your tune. When you click write calibration you should see three modules now, one for the ecm, transmission and fscm. Just click the drop down menu next to it and select "do not write" if you don't want to license that. It's one credit if you want to add it.

Cool. I didn't use it.
It had "Brickable" so I avoided it since i was having issues with the software update to begin with.

Well, all I got to say is since the intake swap, this car has been running stronger (even in the hot humid air) and I've not even updated the tune for it yet. I'm still running the factory stock MAF curve. :)

I'm pretty sure it'll break in to the 12's as it sits. :hyper:

Next round of mods, converter, sticky tires, heads, cam and DOD/AFM delete. :yes:

Obviously LT's and 3in exhaust, but they're still on order and I don't expect to see it for like 2 months at least.

Not sure in what order I'll tackle it though. :no:

Disney likes this

Can't wait to see it running with all those mods.

My buddy with the white camaro blew up the LS. He is saving money to put a 6.0 in it and do the regular LS bolt ons (heads, cam, headers, converter and gears).

JohnC likes this

5 hours ago, Tino said:

Can't wait to see it running with all those mods.

My buddy with the white camaro blew up the LS. He is saving money to put a 6.0 in it and do the regular LS bolt ons (heads, cam, headers, converter and gears).

He needs to check local pull a parts to see if he can score one of the 5th Gen LS3's. :yes:

In my land yacht, this thing runs strong with some tweaks to the tune. His car weighs less, so it would really move well in his 4th Gen. :yes:

38 minutes ago, Disney said:

I can't wait til the LS3 style motors start showing up in the pull a apart around here. Everything I own will have one!!!

Yes!

I really like the way it runs. :yes:

I absolutely can't wait to get the cam and all done!

Which of the newer Gen Camaro's do you like the looks of best? 4th, 5th or 6th?

The 5th Gen grew on me over the years. I really like it now. I just wish it was about 500lbs less weight. :lol:

Ford hosed the looks of the 2018 Mustang, so I think I'll not even bother looking at them until the next redesign. The 2015-17 are the best looking really.

Not sure if I'll own another Chevy or get a new Mustang once I'm done with this one. It'll depend on looks, performance and mod-ability, though.

66sprint6 likes this

Finally got a hold of Maryland Speed on Facebook...

Supposedly, my headers were going to be done last week, but I've not heard anything back nor got a tracking number yet.

No answer back yet of the rest of the Kooks exhaust system.

See below...

Maryland_Speed_1.jpg

Maryland_Speed_2.jpg

gammey4 likes this