JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

843 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Tino said:

I'm ready I got my Nike's on.

Ha!  You didn't see what I deleted from my post...

"I'm gonna start a new competition, to see who's got the LOWEST hp.  Right now it's between my DD and Tino's scooter."

Tino likes this

6 hours ago, Jamtoy said:

I need to just mimic this and call it a day. John do you have a full list of parts and cost?

See the spoiler in my sig for mods...

Get the catch can with check valve from either Elite Engineering or Mighty Mouse!

Mighty Mouse catch can on the way! https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/product-page/camaro-5-wild

High rpm and High boost on a stock PCV setup = fail!
IMG_0569.jpg

Still need to check my plugs, but nothing else seems hurt but the seals.

Oil pressure is still good. Oil looks good. It's not burning oil. It's not miss firing.

But now when I park 12 to 24 hours later I have a 2 or 3 inch spot from oil dripping right about where my rear main seal is located.

Pretty sure the rear main seal going to need to be replaced.

I already bought the Mighty Mouse setup with -12an lines, so that and back down rpm to about 6,500 should help.

Disney likes this

Checked 2 of my plugs off the drivers side head and all seems well.

They’re discolored from the Torco Accelerator race fuel though.

176d4613669c36f167dbcb11d7e5e3b9.jpg

5d0af6f2499ba98692d38492219f7596.jpg

4138635977318f78ea5797733f5760c9.jpg

97929d42bdf0415d970510c2569b4d8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've backed my shifts down to stock to try and make this thing live longer until I can fix some issues.

That's still about 640-650 rwhp on E85 according to the dyno chart.

Right now, I have a couple gears slipping on up / down shifts.

I'm trying to get quotes right now from various performance trans rebuild 6L80 / 6L90 shops.

Right now Circle D trans is at the top of my list.

@Mike do you know of any better shops?

I want to do this right the first time. $6k+ trans rebuilds aren't something i want to do often. :no:

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Man o man you will have a brand new car when its all said and done, and itll be a quick'n.  Gotta pay to play I guess yeesh.

Matt

The rebuild starts at $4,600: https://www.circledtrans.com/bench-package 

Add the 800hp upgrades because I'm 760rwhp now and it's more. 

That's over 800 flywheel hp! (15% driveline loss makes it 874 at the flywheel!) 

The car was built for 330rwhp, so it's to be expected that stuff is not going to hold up to 760rwhp.

The lesson to be learned here, though, is buy the stronger built car, i.e., ZL1, CTSV, ZO6, etc., because you're going to spend just as much if not more building it up.

I tried to explain it to my wife, why I still wanted a ZL1 and she didn't get it.

But trust me, she get's it now! 

Like how much it costs to mod up to make power to even just a stock ZL1, etc. 

She is seeing how weak OE parts fail since they were never designed for power like this, etc.

But I was either going to have a ZL1 or build something better.

Here am progressing... :up: 

Once I'm done with this car, it''ll be my toy.

I'll still get a ZL1 later, though. 

Disney, Ashley P and Tino like this

The Jasper rep came by today and showed me their updated 6L80/90 TCC material.  I asked him what changes made an 80 into a 90, if an 80 could be used as a core for a 90, and what the price difference was.   He thought the price was only about $100 more for the 90, and didn't know about the rest.  So, I called Jasper, they said the core HAD to be correct but they couldn't tell me the differences.  When told the situation (modded car wants to upgrade for strength) he said someone called yesterday about the same thing.  Maybe there's enough demand that someone will start upgrading 80s to 90s.

Any good info on what the differences are??

JohnC likes this

10 hours ago, Ashley P said:

The Jasper rep came by today and showed me their updated 6L80/90 TCC material.  I asked him what changes made an 80 into a 90, if an 80 could be used as a core for a 90, and what the price difference was.   He thought the price was only about $100 more for the 90, and didn't know about the rest.  So, I called Jasper, they said the core HAD to be correct but they couldn't tell me the differences.  When told the situation (modded car wants to upgrade for strength) he said someone called yesterday about the same thing.  Maybe there's enough demand that someone will start upgrading 80s to 90s.

Any good info on what the differences are??

Price difference in the 6L80 vs 6L90 at your work?

That $100 was the reps guess at the Jasper difference.  We do sell Jasper also, but their core is comparable to GM.

IF you're dead set on a 90, why not buy a salvage trans from a 2wd truck?  How are those different from a car trans?  Stick it in and run it.  Put some Sonnax upgrades in it and see how long it lasts....

Saw a built 6L80 on the CTS-V classifieds on FB yesterday. Wouldn't let me share the link due to privacy but you may be able to run it down. Think it was around 3500 with converter but can't remember exact details. 

6 hours ago, slim_9916 said:

Saw a built 6L80 on the CTS-V classifieds on FB yesterday. Wouldn't let me share the link due to privacy but you may be able to run it down. Think it was around 3500 with converter but can't remember exact details. 

What's the main link to the ctsv forum you speak of?