JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

638 posts in this topic

@Mike @gammey4

They sent me an email asking how much boost I want to run.

I'm giving them my mod list and making sure they understand I rev to 6,800 (might back it down to 6,700 once the blower goes on) because my cam.

What boost should I tell them?

Some claim no more than 10 psi while others say they ran 14 to 15 psi no issues.

Some claim the trans will die in less than a month with anything over 600 rwhp after reading.

What to tell them?

Don't want to grenade this thing.

I'be cool with 10 psi if it won't send a rod/piston out.

I can settle for 7 psi to start safe though. 

I know most of it is the tune that makes them hold up......

I don’t understand why they are asking about a specific boost level.  It’s hard to tell what boost you’ll make with your heads and cam.  Theoretically, 9 lbs.  should make 770 wheel hp if your motor makes 480 wheel N/A.

Your trans should do just fine if the tune is right.  There’s a Grand sport corvette in KY with an LS3/6L80E that runs 8’s with a stock trans.  Just heads, cam procharger and a converter.

JohnC and Tino like this

I don’t understand why they are asking about a specific boost level.  It’s hard to tell what boost you’ll make with your heads and cam.  Theoretically, 9 lbs.  should make 770 wheel hp if your motor makes 480 wheel N/A.

Your trans should do just fine if the tune is right.  There’s a Grand sport corvette in KY with an LS3/6L80E that runs 8’s with a stock trans.  Just heads, cam procharger and a converter.

Yeah I was confused by it myself.

I already knew better heads make boost psi drop, so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mike

Crazy as it is, those 2 step colder TR7IX plugs are running just as good as the TR5IX.

Looks like the only knock I see now is tip in throttle.

Isn’t that fixed n transient fueling, or is it a timing thing?

I’m not sure what causes that, but I get a little tip in knock sometimes too.  Usually a degree or less.

it probably is a transient fueling thing.

JohnC likes this

@Mike

Crazy as it is, those 2 step colder TR7IX plugs are running just as good as the TR5IX.

Looks like the only knock I see now is tip in throttle.

Isn’t that fixed n transient fueling, or is it a timing thing?

It’s transient fueling, watch your logs and you’ll see when you give it throttle it will go lean for just a split second, enough to get a little spark knock. As far as boost numbers, I’d start lower at 6-7psi and go from there.

JohnC likes this

Wow! Vivid Racing and ProCharger are lightening fast! :bow:

The whole kit will be here today! :hyper:

Now the question is....

Should I hold off installing the D1X to finalize the n/a tune and get some dyno #'s with 1/4 passes for a baseline, or install it?

66sprint6 and Tino like this

41 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Wow! Vivid Racing and ProCharger are lightening fast! :bow:

The whole kit will be here today! :hyper:

Now the question is....

Should I hold off installing the D1X to finalize the n/a tune and get some dyno #'s with 1/4 passes for a baseline, or install it?

Install it.  Why waste time tuning it when it's all going to change.  You apparently have the oil issue fixed, no reason not to add the blower now.

You might have a better time selling the air intake and rotofab tank after Christmas.  You'll need that money to buy the dsx pump that you'll inevitably need to feed that thing a little e85.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT SIT ON THAT PACKAGE LIKE YOU DID THE HEADS/CAM/LONGTUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it on there TOMORROW dammit and get to work getting it ironed out the right way so by the time spring rolls around your already out there making NASTY passes and working on the driver mod!

Matt

Ashley P likes this

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT SIT ON THAT PACKAGE LIKE YOU DID THE HEADS/CAM/LONGTUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

He's hung up at the STOP notices on the packaging...dang.  :shake:

:D

Next pic....hood off, hands greasy?

Been cold and raining.

I don’t have a garage to work in.

Coordinating my days off with good weather is difficult to say the least.

That will hold up the install.

Looks like my cam should work good with the D1X...

Camshaft When selecting a camshaft, we have found that cams using 112-114 degree lobe separation and exhaust duration 10-12 degrees greater than intake duration offer the best supercharged performance. Adding a centrifugal supercharger will extend the operating range of most engines and will typically allow a camshaft rated to 5500 rpm to run strong beyond 6000 rpm. Keep this fact in mind when making your choice. Most street/strip engines operated below 6500 rpm will make excellent power with economical hydraulic flat tappet or hydraulic roller cams. Higher revving engines will benefit from the use of solid lifter, flat or roller tappet camshafts.

https://www.procharger.com/catalogs/ProCharger_CarbChevy_catalog.pdf

Looks like I'm good on that! :w00t: 

IMG_2772 (Edited).jpg

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

Looks like my cam should work good with the D1X...

Looks like I'm good on that! :w00t: 

IMG_2772 (Edited).jpg

It must be a good cam 'cause it's so close to a 1969 Pontiac cam....with roller cam lift added.  

How much throttle response do you have at say, 1500 rpm?

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Ashley P said:

It must be a good cam 'cause it's so close to a 1969 Pontiac cam....with roller cam lift added.  

How much throttle response do you have at say, 1500 rpm?

Throttle response is fine.

You'd be surprised how good it drives in the low rpm's.

Some of that may be the result of modern day tech with the VVT.

Ashley P likes this