JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

506 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Keep this in mind @Ashley P.....

Look at my dyno chart....

Se that dip after like 5,600 rpm's and the early shut down (should have pulled to 6,800 with my cam and valvetrain)?

I was 442 whp by 5,600 rpm's... I had 1,200 rpm's left on the table where it makes peak power...

I leave at idle with traction control on on a street tire.

If I get this tune right and issues resolved, it's going to me a good bit quicker.

I'm not planning on sticky tires and 3,400 rpm launches until I can afford a 1LE or ZL1 iron diff, strong axles and some suspension work. 

I don't see those upgrades happening until maybe next year. 

So, what's your point?  More OT race avoidance?  :D 

Hey, I'm playin' with ya.  I'd like to actually see you race Matt either now or after you can mod the diff.  I think you could learn to screw that traction control and "walk it out" and manually shift to keep the trans from upshifting during momentary spin.  But I have NO IDEA how your car acts, I'm just basing it on driving a Fox body on wet pavement.  lol  (I got bald McCreary dirt tires to push that car to 100 on snow once. I think I had a death wish then.)

I'm hoping I've figured out the dip in the power curve. :yes:

I talked to a Texas Speed guy through Facebook. He asked to see my tune file. He said "Looks like the VVT tables weren't changed right in the tune for the cam phaser". He resent them to me and I'm going to plug them in and see how she does.

If it feels like the top-end is there, I'll re-dyno to confirm and see what it lays down....  :hyper:

Tino, Nostalgic1, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

Forget the Dyno, get more time slips to show what it picks up and quit ***** footing around about street tires and idle launching, this is a hot rod not your Beetle.  Put away the excuses and get a drag radial on it ASAP!  Even if for nothing more than to stop spinning down the track!  You spent a TON of cash on this thing and your $400 away from seeing it's true potential...I can't handle it any longer :lol::lol::lol:

You can go easy on the launches on a radial if your worried about the rear not handling it well but I can't tell you enough how much your missing out on trying to make passes on those Continentals!!!  Tune right and a tire and your gonna be way outta my league...and you SHOULD be with all you have done.  Let's see it :yes::yes::yes:

Matt

Ashley P and Tino like this

GOOD!  See you at the Hill tomorrow??? Come see if all the work you have been doing is paying off!  Me and Johnathan with the 18 Ecoboost will be there sweating our asses off. 

Matt

Ashley P likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Forget the Dyno, get more time slips to show what it pic footing around about street tires and idle launching, this is a hot rod not your Beetle.  Put away the excuses and get a drag radial on it ASAP!  Even if for nothing more than to stop spinning down the track!  You spent a TON of cash on this thing and your $400 away from seeing it's true potential...I can't handle it any longer :lol::lol::lol:

You can go easy on the launches on a radial if your worried about the rear not handling it well but I can't tell you enough how much your missing out on trying to make passes on those Continentals!!!  Tune right and a tire and your gonna be way outta my league...and you SHOULD be with all you have done.  Let's see it :yes::yes::yes:

Matt

AMEN brother!!!

Trap speed is a very honest indicator of peak HP.  

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6 likes this

All done except zip tying some wires in place....

IMG_0075.jpg

That passengers side is a cluster-fawk of wires. Wish I could clean it up....

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

All done except zip tying some wires in place....

IMG_0075.jpg

That passengers side is a cluster-fawk of wires. Wish I could clean it up....

Tell me about it!  I had it on/off like 5 times each side. 

JohnC likes this

14 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

^ Vid please.  :) 

We need @Mike or @higherpowerracing to come out, they are the only reason I have any video of the GT making passes (thanks guys!).  Im not looking to run @JohnC till he has radials, otherwise it wouldnt be a fair fight BUT I do wanna see the sucker in action making some clean passes!!!

Bring it out Tues man, lets see that sucker bust some people on the Continentals!!!  If that stock Hellcat on radials shows up again you will be RIGHT there with him (he was running 7.8's avg. last week).

Matt

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

We need @Mike or @higherpowerracing to come out, they are the only reason I have any video of the GT making passes (thanks guys!).  Im not looking to run @JohnC till he has radials, otherwise it wouldnt be a fair fight BUT I do wanna see the sucker in action making some clean passes!!!

Bring it out Tues man, lets see that sucker bust some people on the Continentals!!!  If that stock Hellcat on radials shows up again you will be RIGHT there with him (he was running 7.8's avg. last week).

Matt

We'll see.  As hot as it's been, it doesn't sound too tempting.  I've lost weight, but I still sweat like whore in church in the summer.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

5 hours ago, Disney said:

Tell me about it!  I had it on/off like 5 times each side. 

Added the catch can and tall valve covers, so it's even worse now. :meh:

I will miss that engine cover because it looks like **** now with all that wiring everywhere.... :smirk:

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

We'll see.  As hot as it's been, it doesn't sound too tempting.  I've lost weight, but I still sweat like whore in church in the summer.

Should see me after swapping tires when I first get there, look and smell like I jumped into a pool full of taco seasoning and frito's.  Then I get to put on a helmet, roll up the windows and not use the AC LOL.  Maybe thats why my runs got progressively quicker, I needed air!!!  Ill buy you a cold drink of your choice if you make it out, Lord knows it was the only thing that got me thru last week.

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Added the catch can and tall valve covers, so it's even worse now. :meh:

I will miss that engine cover because it looks like **** now with all that wiring everywhere.... :smirk:

I cant run the engine cover on the GT anymore after the intake swap and I just dont even care anymore.  The injectors can be heard slightly louder now and the wiring/hoses everywhere dont make for a very good look but I dont really care honestly.  I pop the hood to check fluids and cool down and otherwise dont care what it looks like under there.  That and every time I spruce up the underhood on a car it spews coolant or oil everywhere and screws it all up (66 does it EVERY time) so Im gonna leave it as is and move on!

Matt

So, when you get the Camaro sorted out and running the way you want it to, when are you going to install the trailer hitch?  I figure if you do end up getting set of sticky tires on an extra set of wheels, you’ll need something to haul them in, as I doubt they’ll fit in your trunk on that car.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Might be able to slide the skinny's in there maybe!

Could build him a roof rack like some of the Drag Week guys do!  Or build a Jeep/Bronco style tire rack.  @Mike could make it happen and look awesome Im sure :lol:

Matt

About 12 days of driving and the Mishimoto caught this much oil:

a886ab0cd77cfe2739f29121db22691a.jpg

It had some thicker oil in the can that I didn’t have the patience to drain, so I wiped it out. So it would have been slightly more than this.

There is one more PCV line coming off the passengers side valve cover that I’d like to get a second catch can for. I know that mofo sucks oil because I could see it in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes!  Ide get another can ASAP if your seeing oil in the other hose as well.  Keeping that garbage out of the intake will make things muuuuuch happier.  Im still astonished at how much your catching, didnt realize they went thru that much oil till you brought it up!

Matt

6 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:
Yikes!  Ide get another can ASAP if your seeing oil in the other hose as well.  Keeping that garbage out of the intake will make things muuuuuch happier.  Im still astonished at how much your catching, didnt realize they went thru that much oil till you brought it up!

Matt

I think the mods (extra rpm, LT's, etc) make it suck more oil through the pcv system.

Plus with the DoD system removed, I’m sure the oil pressure / volume is a little higher now.

It didn’t really use oil before....

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Crazy!

Matt

Crazy was driving around a while and then coming home at night, shutting off the car and seeing a small bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipes via the light from my reverse lights in the bumper.

It'll suck a qt of oil out in no time now.

There has got to be some way to engineer the pcv system not to suck up so much oil.

Did texas speed give you a new valley cover plate for the afm delete?  Do you or @Disney remember if it had the built in baffle or not?

This one

612212d1501331601-why-do-dod-afm-delete-

or this one

$_57.JPG

JohnC likes this

Did texas speed give you a new valley cover plate for the afm delete?  Do you or @Disney remember if it had the built in baffle or not?

This one

612212d1501331601-why-do-dod-afm-delete-kits-include-new-valley-cover-valleycover1-1.jpg

or this one

%24_57.JPG

Yup, has baffle.

4457880c8540a85c349002fbf92e1d15.jpg

087381abe1a73f3ea332dc4db4d93393.jpg