Rate this topic:

417 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Disney said:

Dang, that aint much headroom. 

Yeah, and that's shifting at 6k.

I've not made it to where the cam power peaks, around 6,800 rpm's. :meh:

On 4/18/2018 at 8:34 AM, Disney said:

Dang, that aint much headroom. 

In this log, by 6k it hit 100% DC. AFR is still good, so I'm not panicking. :up:

FPDC.jpg

But I totally didn't expect that.

Most bolt-on cam and exhaust cars on E85 do fine with the ZL1 pump.

I guess the heads were just enough to put it over the limit. :shrug:

Getting 9.x mpg's average.

It's got to be making a little power to suck-up this much fuel and max out a ZL1 pump. :lol:

Only wiggle room i have is if I go back to 93 pump. Then I might get another 25-30% wiggle room.

When you gonna learn that auto how to shift so you can make a pass with all that power?

Also, can you shift it yourself to get by till you get the tranny tune sorted and see what its got in it?

Matt

Ashley P likes this

Can you send it back and get another, under warranty or something?  I dont like the thought of ANYTHING fuel related "popping off" potentially causing a leak...then a fire!  If nothing else, its an inconvenience, especially seeing this isnt the first time its happened!

Matt

I’m going to contact DSX and show him a video of it popping off without a gas line tool thingy just by lightly pulling up on the sensor assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Im interested to see what they say.  Thats NO good and scares the **** outta me thinking bout what could happen on a hard pull or something, especially if it only takes mild pressure to pop it free.  Hope they get your sorted out quickly.

Matt

@gammey4 @Disney

Someone PM'd me on Camaro5 and told me how to get a little more out of the fuel pump...

I don't want to be a blabber mouth on the forums and piss off the vendors that sell modified fuel pump control modules, but HPTuners 3.6 now supports most fpcm’s.  If yours isn't supported just send the file to hptuners support and they will add support for it.

Basically, with 3.6, if you “read entire” (and you are connected to the internet), hptuner software will see which fpcm you have and supply you with a flashable file.  Then you take that file and paste in the settings from the ZL1 fpcm (which i can supply you with, or go get it from hptuners.com/forum yourself) amd flash your fpcm.

The ZL1 settings tell the fpcm to demand 58psi at all times, instead of tapering off to 48psi like the SS fpcm.

The cost is one hptuners credit, vs $250 for a “modified fpcm” from a vendor.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Good luck!

Looks like I have some more work to do now! :up:

Disney likes this

On 4/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, JohnC said:

In this log, by 6k it hit 100% DC. AFR is still good, so I'm not panicking. :up:

FPDC.jpg

But I totally didn't expect that.

Most bolt-on cam and exhaust cars on E85 do fine with the ZL1 pump.

I guess the heads were just enough to put it over the limit. :shrug:

Getting 9.x mpg's average.

It's got to be making a little power to suck-up this much fuel and max out a ZL1 pump. :lol:

Only wiggle room i have is if I go back to 93 pump. Then I might get another 25-30% wiggle room.

IF the duty cycle of the fuel pump is near 100% at 43 psi, what good will asking for more pressure do?   Will that be OK with non- E-85?