JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

523 posts in this topic

Ide let you borrow mine but I dont have an wheels that will work.  Im betting tomorrow night will be a skating rink anyways with the weather and temps the way they are but Im still thinkin bout giving it a shot.  I dunno, maybe next week will be better.  I dont have issues at the top of the track anymore like back in the day but outta the hole is a different story.  The concrete bridge on the backroads headed home from the track hooks way better LOL

Matt

JohnC likes this

43 minutes ago, Disney said:

Vid from today. This thing pulls so good! 

20180409_120458.mp4

:bow::hyper::yum::w00t:

It doesn't seem too loud in the car, does it?

The gen5's must have a **** load of sound deadening because my GT always sounded like I was living inside a hoover vacuum with headers and no cats. :lol:

On 4/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, Disney said:

Surprising docile in the cabin. It is loud outside though.

That's how it was when I went catless with Corsa catback.

I really like that about it. Keeps the wife happy. :D

She hated the GT when I ran it catless. :lol:

SS with cats:

Damn. It did 120 no problem 

It always did that easy.

I’ve it the speed limiter before. That had to be like 160 mph. It was still pulling strong on the L99 crap when it shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Diz for all your hard work, bro! :up:

Like that it still drives close to stock even though its a 3200-3400 stall. I was afraid I was going to hate that high of a stall, but I actually like the way it smooths the power and just rockets out.

The way it moves out, it's going to be too much fun at the drag strip! :yes:

Love the cam chop. No surge. It smooths out pretty early actually.

Street and highway, it's totally livable the way it drives.

Only thing I don't like is the drone. Holy hell, Diz, you need to drive it on the interstate. It's insane around 2k. I put my fingers in my ears and it still was loud as crap! It almost hurt! :lol:

I hate to hack on such a nice expensive exhaust, but either the cats need to go on, or I'll have to find some 3in stainless resonators to weld in to tone down the drone. :dead:

Looks like only ting left to do tuning wise is to work on cold and hot starts. It cranks a bit long.

Other thing is, I think I'm going to only run E85 when it's summer. When it's cold out, there is way too much water aka condensation going on. It can't be good for the engine.

On tires it better be!

Resonators will help with any RASP but Im not sure if they will help with drone.  Cats probably wont do much either.  The Corsa setup you used to have (if they are anything like in the Mustang world) are supposed to be the best on the market for being nasty but with absolutely 0 drone.  My car is loud but amazingly quiet on the highway and my wife's edge drones more than it does :lol:.  Maybe...swap the Corsa setup back on if you still have it?

Matt

My GT takes a second to fire up on E85 from time to time.  On 93 it cranks right up.  If starting is the only issue to sort on on that sucker after all the work done, Ide call that a win!

Matt

JohnC likes this

What I've noticed by looking at my logs....

With traction control on, when it spins, it short shifts in to 2nd way too early. Tuning wise, we probably can't do anything about that.

On the up-shifts, the car is only revving to 6,000 rpm's but that cam makes power all the way up to something like 6,800 rpm's.

TSP_VVT_3.2_Cam.jpg

So what should I do, raise the shift points to match the cam peak power?

Im in no way the person to ask about this BUT when Im spinnin my ass off in 1st at the Hill and the 1-2 shift makes it worse, I short shift and it works wonders.  My 7.95 pass came by short shifting 1-2 way early and it still spun but nowhere near as bad.  Tires will make that a non issue.  As for the shift points...maybe you should get it on the rollers and see where your car actually makes peak power and then come up with an effective strategy from there.  If its easy enough, take it to the track and mess with the shift points watching your time slips and datalogs.  Again, not apples to apples but I cant shift 7200rpm each and every shift or I slow down quite a bit.  Short shift 1-2 aroun 6000, 2-3 shift around 6800 and IF I have to shift 3-4 do it around 7200 or so seems to work best for me.  When I have traction Im betting Ill have to sort those rpms out again.

Matt

JohnC likes this

On 4/10/2018 at 9:34 AM, Disney said:

I drove it on the highway and didn't find the drone that offensive. I'm surprised it's that bad. I bet cats will tone it down.

He was in manual, shifting with the buttons on the steering wheel. 

I’ve not done any tuning on the tap-shifts yet, but it bugs me how slow it up-shifts. That’s why I never use it when racing. I go to Sport mode, where @gammey4 and I did some tuning and let it rip! 

He was in manual, shifting with the buttons on the steering wheel. 

I’ve not done any tuning on the tap-shifts yet, but it bugs me how slow it up-shifts. That’s why I never use it when racing. I go to Sport mode, where @gammey4 and I did some tuning and let it rip! 

If the trans tune is the same, tap shift should have been left stock. Your early shifting can be fixed easily, but the ecm will use both mph and rpm to figure out when to shift. Don’t just blindly add rpm to the shift points to try and fix it. Look at your logs and determine if it’s shifting off mph or rpm when it’s shifting. I believe your shift rpm’s are set to 6200, I’d bet it’s mph.

JohnC likes this

Logged fuel pump duty cycle.

At 79% ethanol, part throttle cruise is about 57% DC

WOT I seen a peak of 93.7% DC.

Seems the ZL1 pump is just enough. :lol:

Disney likes this