JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

417 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Disney said:

I'll say this... Even without being tuned.. If it don't go 11's on motor with some DR's i'll eat a dead horse. The whole thing. And i'll start on the south side. Sucker is STRONG.

Ide take that endorsement over a dyno sheet all day long.  Tires, helmet and nice weather is all we need to see what shes made of.  Well that and JohnC to have an evening off!

Matt

Disney likes this

13 hours ago, Disney said:

I'll say this... Even without being tuned.. If it don't go 11's on motor with some DR's i'll eat a dead horse. The whole thing. And i'll start on the south side. Sucker is STRONG.

If I go 11's I'll be damn happy with the combo! :hyper:

If it doesnt go 11's, like Disney says, it would be a travesty.  Hell, if it doesnt go deeeeeeeeeeep 11's ide be miffed.  No way in hell that pile of parts doesnt get you there easily.  He was knocking on 12's door before.

Matt

On 3/30/2018 at 8:17 AM, Ashley P said:

What was it running before mods?

It ran 13.1 on one of the hottest and most humid days we had last year. I never really shut the car off because i sat in the staging lanes with the AC on waiting for my next run.

Corrected on drag times, it was a 12.7 pass.

Lookin forward to seein how she picks up on HCI/tune/converter/(tire???) vs bolt ons and sorta tune!  Should be night and day!!!

Matt

24 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Lookin forward to seein how she picks up on HCI/tune/converter/(tire???) vs bolt ons and sorta tune!  Should be night and day!!!

Matt

Tire is a must. Diz said a wot attempt and the tires just go up in smoke. And that with the Continental 275-20's.

Yeah mine do too (same tire and size) and Im not near the power levels you are and mine makes it up top where yours will be nasty nasty nasty down low.  Its even worse for me at the track.  You know how slick tracks can be to street tire guys...now imagine with your new found ponies...yikes!  A good tire and you will be able to actually tap into the potential your new setup has to offer.  

Matt

JohnC likes this

Im not near the power levels you are and mine makes it up top where yours will be nasty nasty nasty down low.  

Matt

You might want to study some dyno graphs of cam’d LSx’s.

Even stock hp doesn’t fall off much at the end. Plus, the stock LS3 makes a little more HP than my L99, too.

Engine dyno L99 VVT 3.2. Look at graph.

005e5255d6543a7478bf1edc5058a532.jpg

Compare to Coyote crate motor.

efb8093895f656ec6b025cc8bdccabc6.jpg

cf61aed3ee78c97f9ce8d8d6b869e2d6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont need to study any graphs for what I said to be true.  My car blows the same tires (similar size) off with ease and it 1) Doesnt make near the power yours will now and 2) Doesnt make near the power DOWN LOW as yours does.  If I need tires to hook, yours will benefit from them even more!!!  Thats the statement made.

Im interested in what your shift points will be with the better breathing abilities, does it move up the RPM band any or stay similar to where you were before?

Matt

Ashley P and mstrpth like this

1 hour ago, Disney said:

Main place the SS benefits now is the converter. It's a thing of beauty. Torque multiplication for daaaays!

Torque multiplication by rpm division with the side effect of heat production.  Clutches.....well, you know. :D 

I just wanna see track results vs Matt's Manual Mustang.

Ha I got "No chaaaance, no chance in heeellllllll" any old wrastling fans in here?

I'm still down.  Front row seats to seeing that thing run deep into the 7's won't be too bad.  Or watch him chase me down and barely outrun me like the manual trans ZL1 that spun and smoked the clutch and finally found just enough traction to hunt me down.  Never did see that car make a solid pass.  JohnC's car on radials won't have that problem.  Should be dead nuts consistently quick!

Matt

4 hours ago, Disney said:

That's why God invented radiators.

No, fallible humans invented radiators after their sins brought automatics into the world. - Theology 101, Ashley P Homeschool  :D   In the pre sin world, Adam (the original) could dump a clutch and dead hook on street tires without ever breaking a driveline component.  I'm pretty sure that was a Tempest.  See Isaiah 41:16.

66sprint6 likes this

22 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im interested in what your shift points will be with the better breathing abilities, does it move up the RPM band any or stay similar to where you were before?

Matt

According to the graph I posted above, it needs the rpm limit raised a little.

Stock rpm was cut off at 6,500 rpm's and power fell off just before that.

This cam looks like it keeps climbing until right at the end where power flattens just before 6.800-ish rpm's limit.

So the cam has more rpm and more top-end power than stock.

21 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

When will you have dyno numbers on this sucker? What kinda power you thinking itll put to the ground?  

Matt

I'll eye-ball my paycheck and see if I can do a dyno shortly after payday on the 15th.

Dyno is the least of my concerns, though. I want quick track times. :3gears:

Lot's of variables there. Some states only have up to 91 octane, altitude, type of dyno, etc. Some cars don't have all the bolt-ons like UDP, Ported TB, etc., too.

But most heads (most are PRC heads or ported stock heads) and cam with full exhaust and CAI put down about 445hp-485hp to the tire through an auto.

For instance:

450/416 2014 l99. GPI ss3 vvt Cam, ported heads, converter, gears, full bolt ons and e85. Humid hot day complaint of course. Lol. Drives amazing

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9798718&postcount=649

CAI, Ported TB, ARH 1 7/8 headers, 3200 stall, CORSA EXHAUST..just finished up Livernois 2c CAM, Ported Heads, LS3 DOD delete

454hp 417tq

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8258185&postcount=570

BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Custom Transmission Cooler 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9835025&postcount=657

Heads and cam + LT's 465hp

I'm pretty much guessing I'll lay down 465 rwhp through the auto. At just over 4,000lbs race weight, I should be able to click off 11's easy on a DR.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

OH OH OH ok, I got confused and thought it was being dyno tuned.  Im with you, only numbers I wanna see are on my time slip!  You should run mid 11's with ease in good conditions!!!  

Matt

Ashley P and JohnC like this

So tomorrow night we could see some shake down passes???????????????????????????????

@JohnC??????????????????

Matt

You must want me to die! :lol:

I’d love to, but I don’t have dr’s yet, so no.

I spun tires at the top of 3rd gear up there with a bolt-on PI GT.

It didn’t even do that on the street, so the hill is slicker than the streets!

No way I’ll be able to hook near 500 rwhp car on a street tire with their crappy track prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk