JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

506 posts in this topic

Yes, it's used on the LSA also.  Most everyone removes it and put's a dogbone in it's place when doing a cam swap. 

But for some reason, there issues with using the dogbone with the single bolt cam gears.  Something about the chain being too loose.  It's not a problem if you go to a 3 bolt (ls3) cam sprocket.  Since that's what 95% of cam swaps are, you never hear about this issue.  I'm not sure what you're using with his vvt stuff.

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/4-engine-supercharger/134641-broken-chain-tensioner.html

That doesn't have the VVT upper gear

I'm not doing the job, but if I were.  I would assemble everything with your old gears and new chain, but no damper or tensioner.  If the chain has minimal slack, use this GM part number damper.  

If it has a lot of slop, I don't know what you would do other than put another spring loaded tensioner in it.

Those heads should have had the block-offs in the box I believe.  :wall:

Damn!

TSP never sent me those cam phaser tables, either. Since they're closed on the weekend, I guess nothing could have been done until Monday anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah, so close you can almost smell it!!!  You endured waaaaaay too long of a wait with the parts in hand and no time or ability to install them, this small wait will be but a blink in time compared and theeeeeen........fun times begin!!!!!

Matt